this may be of some local interest
I don't mean this to be a toot-my-own-horn type post, but it's inevitably going to come off that way. :) I've just seen a couple people using designs I've done for profile pics & stuff, and wanted to introduce myself. Sooo... Hey, I'm Christian, UM fan & wanna-be sports designer.
Here are a few designs I've done for our favorite squad:
If you're interested, I'm on Twitter & IG (@christianelden), which is where I usually post stuff like this. Feel free to say hey.
Anyway, have a good day all and #GoBlue!
Hey, what's up, it's Randle
I know you've missed me, my socks, and sandals
It's the middle of the summer
No news. That's a bummer
But it's your lucky day and I'm your clover
Because I've 'shopped some pics to tide you over
(Updated with "click to embiggen"
Maybe now you can find the surprise I've hidden)
3/31 UPDATE: Here
First things first, it's VERY simple, so unless you care about the minutia of uniforms, you may not notice anything new or different.
For the rest of us, here's my concept based on Nike's Mach Speed template:
- Keep it simple!
- Jumpman and B1G logos balanced and visible, but not too pronounced
- Clear sternum (NC, CFP, bowl patch would go here)
- Modernized font similar to last week's twitter leak (extremely similar to Oregon State)
- Same pants as 2015, but following lines of Nike Mach Speed template
- Maize drop shadow on away numbers
- Maize cuffs and collar on away
- It was difficult to find tiny ways to change the uniform that pay enough repsect to the absurdly long-standing traditions of the program.
- After playing with all the options, I've come to realize I like the 2015 away pants a lot and I hope we keep the design.
- A modernized font will look cool and not gaudy if the rest of the uniform is grounded well enough.
- Hat-tip to two users from Sportlogos.net for the template - here
What are you hoping to see in the fast-approaching new uniforms?
I think it'd be nice to crowd-source ideas for things the board would like to see from me and anyone else who feels like joining in.
Some random ideas off the top of my head:
- Stadium reno/expansion
- Jumpman jerseys
- Other teams changed to maize/blue (sacrilege?)
No boundries, no promises, no deadlines. What would you like to see?