mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
This is your Penn State Open Thread. Keep the board open for other topics please. I know it's tempting, but lots of other, less disturbing topics are available to discuss. I'm not trying to censor anyone. Instead, this is an open place to discuss your thoughts. Keep it clean. I'll review the thread later and be very unkind to posters who decide to be jerks.
- $60 million dollar fine payable to an endowment for sex abuse victims
- 10 initial scholarships per year for 4 years
- 65 total scholarships on the roster for four years
- 4 year bowl ban
- Free transfers at any point in an athlete's career
That time of the week. Did we even have one last week? I was too busy going America all over everybody.
Anyway there's plenty of actual football talk elsewhere, from the Pac12 wussing out to the PSU fallout, I've really liked the recent either/or questions on the board, so here's some potential discussion topics for this summer Friday:
1. Mustang or Camaro? (Or Challenger for you Mopar folks. Open ended - classics, new, etc)
2. Strawberry or Grape on your PB&J?
3. Follow up to 2: Chunky or smooth PB?
4. SNL Halcyon 1 or 2? (Original cast, Belushi, Akroyd, Chevy, etc vs. Sandler, Rock, Farley, etc)
5. Most overrated movie of the last 20 years?
Happy Friday everyone. And don't forget we're only Days from the start of the season
Evidently I'm bored this morning before Profit so he should consider his thunder stolen like Seattle
What's everyone doing on this day before a long weekend? It's gorgeous here in Chicago, 70-80 and sunny. Staying at the desk is going to be rough today, as is the 9 miles I've got to do between tonight and tomorrow to train for a half marathon. Anyone have fun vacation plans? Or have today off so the rest of us can live vicariously though you?
EDIT: and thank you to nmumike for the reminder about how this isn't just a long weekend, Memorial Day is important in and of its self. Take some time to remember/thank those who are serving and have served.
[EDIT: Negged to Bolivian for stealing my thunder. Points will return in 10 minutes.]
Here's to an exciting night of hockey!
Ottawa @ NY Rangers 7:00pm ET
Washington @ Boston 7:30pm ET
San Jose @ St. Louis 7:30pm ET
Chicago @ Phoenix 10:00pm ET
Well here we go. 20 minutes till tip-off, playing for a shot against MSU for our first (non-vacated) BTT final/Championship BEAT OHIO
Hey, it's better than typing "OH," right?