Fluff piece from the Sporting News about how aweseome Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan football team are.
Will Michigan be a monster? It took Harbaugh one year to get the Wolverines back to that comfortable place where Schembechler, Gary Moeller and Lloyd Carr had the program.
It's similar to another model at a college football powerhouse. Nick Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Alabama in 2007 before a 12-2 record in Year 2. From there, Saban created a national championship superstore. Harbaugh has the same resources to work with at Michigan. He took three years to compile a winning record at Stanford. He is ahead of schedule with the Wolverines.
Looks like Jim is going to tee it up this week at Pebble Beach with the pros. Lots of questions on my mind.
1. Does he make the cut to Sunday? (The competitor in him must be burning to make the cut.)
2. Attire? (Full Harbaugh? Rickie Fowler high tops and joggers?)
3. How's the swing? (Smooth athletic swing with the help of coaching or a unique home grown swing?)
4. Clubs? (Assuming a new bag of Taylormades)
5. Pro to be paired with? (My pick: Jason Day)
Good luck to our coach out there. Hit them straight and enjoy yourself!
EDIT: Swing looks pretty good; smooth just like his recruiting pitch.
He's in the studio now!
Jim Harbaugh is supposed to be live on set with Mike and Mike at 8:30 this morning. Should be interesting to hear the conversation as they have been kind of critical of his recruiting tactics and the Signing of the Stars event.
I know a lot of people around here are not fans of theirs, but figured I would pass along the info.
Maybe having a single open thead for hot takes, twitter stalking / updates, and ball flips is a good idea?