Mike Lantry, 1972
OSU's Jamal Berry is being sued by a Columbus man for an unprovoked assault last week.
The lawsuit, filed in Franklin County Common Pleas Court, accuses Berry of an unprovoked attack in which the 21-year-old man suffered injuries to his head, face, neck, back and hand that required immediate medical treatment. He is likely to incur additional medical expenses in the future, the lawsuit says.
Luke Fickell and OSU have summarily dismissed him from the team after his second assault allegation in two months. Of course by that I mean OSU is going to let him play tomorrow against Wisconsin:
“The legal process is going to take its time, and we’re going to go with that,” he said. “That’s all we can do as a team and a program right now. Legal issues-wise, we’ve got nothing from the prosecutor.
“Like I said Tuesday, we take everything we do seriously, whether it’s on the field or off the field. Nothing goes unnoticed. Ultimately, we’re working at what’s best for this program, for this team — whether it’s a coach or a player. Those things are taken very seriously.”
As for Berry’s status on Saturday against Wisconsin, Fickell said, “We’ll see. There are still things going on, but there’s no change right now.”
There's something not right about him. Hopefully he is able to figure out what that is.