landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
Here's an interesting Rivals article (link). Highlights!
- Obviously: OSU and Michigan have the best recruiters. You probably know all about Michigan's body of work, but OSU was admittedly impressive in Texas and Georgia. They secured the #1 Texan and took a 4 star running back wanted by Texas/Oregon. They also beat out 'Bama and Georgia for a 5 star Georgian linebacker.
- Also expected: Fred Jackson's recruiting prowess in Detroit is like Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin, but cleaner (This is almost not an exaggeration.)
- Greg Mattison's work all over the country gets mentioned. He's credited for securing Poggi from the Crimson Temptress, but you probably knew that already.
- I think Indiana's continued recruiting successes are the most noteworthy. They pulled a couple 4 star prospects from the Hoosier State--but also a 4 star out of Georgia. Indy raiding the SEC is pretty wild.
- Jerry Montgomery didn't make the list. These things probably vary by year, and I don't think it's a strong indication of anything in particular, but it's a relevant omission for Michigan fans.
- Frosting should come in two varieties: Chuck E. Cheese-style and the kind made with cream cheese. Also, all pie crusts should be made of graham crackers.
Iowa LB Jim Poggi, brother of Henry Poggi, took a medical hardship due to persistent injuries. The part I didn't know was that his brother was one of the players who was hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis from that Iowa offseason workout a couple years back. Tough break for the kid.
In other news, Iowa FB Brad Rogers also was took a medical hardship as well. AIRBHG?
5 star DT A'Shawn Robinson, the prized recruit in Texas' class, has flipped to Alabama after being committed for over a year. This should probably end all speculation on Henry Poggi. On another note, Texas probably picked the worst time to turn into a dumpster fire. A&M leaves for the SEC and Manziel wins the Heisman, and now Texas is losing its grip on in-state recruiting.
At least Texas fans have the Longhorn Network. Hope it was worth it.
OB has confirmed that A'Shawn Robinson has informed the Texas coaches in an in-home visit that he will sign with Alabama on Wednesday.
Lots of reps for Michigan commits in this video. Hard to tell with a video like this because it seems like the DL has the advantage, but Kugler and Dawson looked solid. LTT is still raw. Poggi looks quick. Hunt looks good.
Dorian Johnson did not look like the #2 OT in those reps.
I'm not sure if there are any rules about posting links to other blogs, but I thought this interview with 2013 DT commit Henry Poggi was well worth the read. It provides some interesting insights into his relatively quiet recruiting process, why he chose Michigan over Alabama (and everyone else), his unusual pregame ritual, and his rocky relationship with Kate Upton.
Please also note his proper use of the phrase "could not care less."
Conclusion: Another definite Michigan Man.