this week in unintentionally grim-sounding recruiting headlines
Les has some balls on and off the field:
Story from the World Wide Leader. Points of interest:
- Father Kip is a big Indiana fan, though it's unclear if this emerged solely due to his son Dusty's place on the team or if it's a lifelong affair
- The question was not 'Why Indiana?' - Instead, "Kiel and the people close to him prefer a different question: Why not Indiana?"
- Creating a legacy of upturn for the program is one appealing point
- Family of QBs who have yet to transfer
- Counting other older family members "this fall marks the 13th year since 1977 with a Kiel as the QB at the high school."
- Gunner felt right about the Hoosiers by mid-July
- The choice came down to Indiana over Alabama. Oklahoma and Missouri followed closely.
Kind of shows to choose your rumors carefully.
Neal visited OU in conjunction with the Sooners' annual high school football camp. Among those who have been sighted in Norman include wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham, Rivals' No. 1 high school player in the country from Springfield, Mo., and Gunner Kiel, considered by some to be the nation's top high school quarterback from Columbus, Ind.
Bummer...this was a late offer - but exciting player. Gunner Kiel was there along with Dorial Green-Beckham. http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&article...
Our good friend DGDestroys posted this on Twitter earlier:
According to Allen Trieu, 5* QB Gunner Kiel is/was visiting Michigan today.