in town for free camps
[Ed-S: Jimbo Fisher's divorce proceedings turned up some salacious ugly personal stuff about his wife. There are places other than here where people can talk about it].
I don't see this on the board, but http://www.talgov.com/tpd/news/4526.aspx.
Aside from the astonishing fact that they produced 300 police reports after an inquiry about 360 FSU athletes' names, the Tallahassee PD highlighted two particular cases, the first of which I preface with Trigger Warning: sexual violence.
So, while compiling the case files in response to a request from ESPN, TPD discovered they'd never tested evidence in the case of an alleged brutal rape involving then-FSU player Demonte McAllister, who I think is @dmtm97 on Twitter, where his tagline reads "Boys do what they wanna do". It may be worth noting that the victim's story changed with respect to where she was when they met. It may also be worth noting that Mcallister presented a series of three completely different stories in quick succession during his interrogation. They've now tested the 3-year-old evidence and reclosed the case without filing charges. You can read the police reports at the link if you want. I warn you that they may be quite upsetting for several different reasons.
In the other case they highlight, current FSU RB Dalvin Cook is somehow involved in an open aggravated assault case.
The 300 police reports include all reports where the athletes were named as victims or witnesses or whatever, so not all of the 300 will turn out to be cases of even alleged criminal activity.
In the spirit of the season, let's keep any political or combative comments to a minimum.
To focus discussion slightly, here are some questions I have:
Should we expect 300 police reports to mean there are 300 distinct cases? Or will some cases have several reports associated with them?
How many of the 300 are cases of alleged criminal activity by FSU players? (Somebody already brought this up below.)
How many current FSU players are alleged to have committed crimes? (We already know about at least one QB, one FB, and one RB.)
What do you think will happen next? How will FSU respond, if at all?
(Sorry for giving you this moderating chore on Christmas, mods. But, um, merry Christmas?)
It had only made it to 82 million votes, I don't know WHY they would think that's tampering.
EDITORS NOTE: Due to poll tampering that has led to technical issues, the Championship Round has been shut down and the votes cast since the round opened have been thrown out. Voting will reset and move to SportsNation's Facebook page on Friday, July 8.
FSU is now 2-4 and 0-3 in the ACC after losing in a shootout to Georgia Tech at Doak Campbell Stadium.
Or we could be NC State fans after our team got throttled by Duke (DUKE!!) at home.
Or we could be Idaho fans after our team just beat SJSU to get to 5-1 (and only 1 win away from bowl eligibility) after only winning 3 games in the previous 2 seasons. Oh wait, bad example.
UM vs. EMU
- eh, it's just a mac team. can't really tell much.
- of course CMU is just a mac team too, so of course I prefer this result to MSU's
- Booboo seemed to do much better when not covering future NFL stars. still was giving a little too much room on the goal line though.
- Carlos is fast.
- Carlos might have a future in the NFL as a third down back. Decent blocker on the blitz pickup. Catches the ball well out of the backfield. Has that home run speed. But he needs to work on his leg strength. he goes down a little to easily.
- We absolutely MUST get Denard on the field more. I don't care how. He's just too much of a threat to not have on the field against the tougher competition. If not, it's a huge waste. (Korean word for the week, 아깝다 "akapda!")
- It's not that Denard is fast, he's got amazing quickness. He's got major acceleration (and the little known third time derivative of position, "Jerk") that is usually just called a quick first step. But it's more than that. His acceleration is not linear. I'm in awe.
- Sparty, NO! wow, two weeks in a row. talk about rescuing defeat from the jaws of victory.
- Their QB's actually looked pretty good, except for the last two passes.
- ND's outside receivers have great ups, but they need to work on their landing skills. even last week, tate dropped the ball when he landed on his back, floyd skinned his knee. and they had some other drops. this week floyd breaks his collarbone and tate dives into the wrong band (which, LOL!) along with some other drops.
- Rudolph is a serious receiving threat. Pass catching tightends are pretty valuable in the pro's. But he needs to bulk up and learn how to block better
- MSU was slow to adjust to rudolph on the bubble screen. They kept blitzing from the far side but never got there.
- How many TE's do you see running bubble screens?
- ND fans shouldn't get uppity about this win just yet. They had to beat MSU eventually, and got a little lucky that sparty spartied themselves this week.
- ND looks like it might go 9-3 or 10-2 and with the loses by byu and utah might end up in a bcs bowl (which makes me want to PUKE!)
- Auburn's offense looks a lot like the old single wing, just out of a shotgun formation.
- WVU was on its way to a blowout until Jarret Brown turned into a turnover machine.
- I chalk that up to bad coaching and a lack of mental discipline.
- There's something about Auburn's uniforms or shoulder pads that make them look slow. They're not, they just look slow. Maybe their guys are wearing extra rib protection or something.
- Mallet looks pretty good
- I keep thinking he's only got 4 plus games of experience, but he's really in his third year out of highschool and looks much more like a polished junior than a guy in his 6th game.
- But he did stink it up in the fourth quarter, probably due to georgia's defensive adjustments. But hey, coffee is for closers.
- I don't know why Arkansas would ever run, other than to just keep the defense honest. their passing attack is so much better than their rushing attack.
- Just like WVU, it looked like Arkansas was going to blow them out, but turnovers helped swing it the other way.
- I think Erin Andrews is dressing more conservatively since her incident.
- Holy crap, Ben Terry has 12 fingers! Someone go tell Inigo Montoya! Mutants are walking amongst us! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!
- Brian Kelly = good coach
- If you were him, would you go to a second tier SEC school just for a ton of money... eh, yea probably.
- Why exactly was BYU favored in this game? Ok, so they have a nice offense, but if you looked just at talent, FSU has bigger and faster players at just about every position. FSU looked really good in coming up just short against miami. That was a BCS powerhouse game. BYU looked pretty meh in defeating a bradfordless oklahoma. yeah, FSU looked lethargic against jacksonville state (or whatever they're called), but it's an emotional letdown game and completely understandable.
- Anyone else think it's unfair that many of BYU's players are like 26?
- So now Boise will finally be ranked ahead of BYU (which, like DUH!) but boise's schedule is pretty awful.
- Why the hell is ole miss ranked so high? What exactly have they done? (this was written before last night's game)
- The more time I have to watch actual football, the less desire I have to read about it. It's completely backwards. Sports columnists don't write much in the offseason when I actually need something to fill the void. And during the season I don't really care what their uninformed opinions are because I can download the games for myself.
- I have almost completely stopped reading columnists I used to read weekly just a couple years ago. Easterbrook, Fiutak, Mandel. Maybe if I was stuck at work all day and needed a diversion. But they seem to be filled with stupid opinions, and I hate stupidity. I want actual analysis.
- Picture pages are awesome.
- In general, anything worth reading regarding Michigan is posted to the board here, so why bother wading through all the unrelated crap at the big websites?
- Or why bother reading some guy's opinion about michigan when he only saw the 5 plays that made the highlight reel?
- not a great week for the big ten, but still virtually tied with the pac ten and SEC for best out of conference records.
- The top of the MAC has definitely pulled even with the middle of the big ten.
- Indiana is 3-0. Who woulda thought this was going to be a matchup of undefeateds just a month ago?
- If iowa beats PSU, should I be excited that PSU is mortal or worried about going into Iowa? I guess both.