this week in unintentionally grim-sounding recruiting headlines
Football; Rich Rodriguez; Michigan
- Among Michigan fans, 64 percent approve of the job Brady Hoke is doing. Six percent disapprove, while 29 percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 26 percent have a positive opinion of Rich Rodriguez, versus 32 percent who have an unfavorable opinion. Forty-two percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 39 percent approve of the way John Beilein is doing his job; eight percent disapprove, while 53 percent are unsure.
- Sparty fans approve of D'Antonio along similar lines as Hoke, 68-4-28. They approve of Izzo even more strongly, 78-3-19.
- Within the state as a whole, 37 percent of Michiganders consider themselves Michigan fans, versus 31 percent who root for Sparty. Thirty-two percent consider themselves a fan of neither.
- Voters for Obama in 2008 are slightly more inclined to favor Michigan. Of Obama voters, 40 percent favor Michigan, 27 percent favor Sparty. Of McCain voters, Michigan still leads, at 35 percent, followed by Sparty at 34 percent. (Corrects 53 to 35 for McCain)
Although I'm sure Angelique really wants to move on, this article just seems picking at a scab that hasn't quite healed:
For those that don't wish to read the whole article, here's the conclusion:But nearly four months since Rodriguez was fired and Hoke hired, it seems time to move on. How many more times must the emotions of the last three seasons, both among the current players and the former players, be discussed and debated? Enough. Now, move on.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110423/OPINION03/104230386/To-current--ex-Wolverines--Get-over-hurt-feelings-from-Rodriguez-era#ixzz1KPQfz5yc
As we all know there have been several coaching changes since the original BTN recruiting commercial, including our own.
I was hoping we could come up with the Michigan replacement for this:
Maybe something along the lines of this:
Obviously, I have no photo shopping skills our creativity but I was hoping my fellow MGoBloggers could help me out with this sorry little project.
Please help the BTN with your Michigan replacement ideas.
New article posted on AnnArbor.com
"Desmond Howard believes Gator Bowl outcome could affect Michigan football coach Rich Rodriguez's job status"
“Unfortunately, the patience or tolerance level is becoming like the pros. They anticipate you do it sooner. … Look at Rich, he’s shown improvement with the offense at Michigan. But they have to improve on defense or the improvements won’t matter. I think it takes four years for a system and personnel to match.”
Just heard this. Always nice to hear a voice of reason and humble confidence.
Why not? With all the crap that he's been through. No coach should have to go through what RR has gone through at Michigan. I'll guarantee you that if RR would go to Florida they would beat the crap out of everybody. He would be able to recruit just about anybody he needs for a spread offense there. If he does get fired and goes to Florida I'll laugh because Michigan will have made the biggest worst coaching job decision ever.