here's one vote for "John Beilein's head in a Futurama jar"
Before reading John U. Bacon's article in the latest Michigan Today, I was unaware of the wonderful legacy of Eddie Kahn. With a lull in men's basketball, the current hockey team struggling through a tough season, and not a whole lot else going on, this article is worth your attention if you have a penchant for U-M history.
Some of the high points include:
- Scored U-M's first hockey goal in January 1923
- Son of architecture giant Albert Kahn
- WWII veteran with a record of distinguished service
- Neurosurgery pioneer, heading up the University Hospital Neurosurgery Section from 1949-1971
- Knew some famous folks from the 20th century
Eddie Kahn, Michigan Hockey Captain