"Jim's a tough guy and you can see his personality is all over this football team," Fitzgerald said.
does anyone actually look at these tags?
i've had a feeling for a long time that this is a topic that needs its own arena, if you will. It has broken out in other threads about adults wearing jerseys vs. those against it. Time for one discussion.
What is your view on wearing jerseys to sporting events/while watching sporting events (and nothing more) and why?
I know I said I wasn't going to talk coaching changes at Michigan, but then it struck me.
People keep bringing up names like Nussmeier or Butch Jones from Tennessee. People say we need to find our Nick Saban or Pete Carroll from his USC days. I combined those thoughts together when it dawned on me.
Facts: Lane Kiffin is the perfect candidate for the Michigan Head Coaching position.
- He is a former head coach both in the NFL and at major college football programs (Tennessee and USC)
- He currently owns a 62.5% winning record, which can surely only improve at Michigan
- He's been a position coach at OL, WR, TE, and QB, and has been an OC.
- His offense is similar to the offense brought in by Nussmeier, so no brand new system needs to be learned immediately
- But he's an upgrade over Nussmeier, because he took Nussmeier's job.
- He is a Nick Saban disciple, the most successful coach in college football.
- He was a dynamic recruiter at his previous stops
- He has connections to Southern California and Florida, recruiting hot beds. On top of that, he has connections within the B1G footprint in Minnesota and Nebraska.
- He's the son of a former great NFL DC. He could be brought on to implement a zone blitz heavy defense similar to the one brought in by Mattison that can teach players what they need to learn to make it to the NFL
- His brother is the current DL coach at Ole Miss. He can install that SEC speed.
- He's only 39 years old. He could run this program for 25 years, build a great coaching tree, and have Michigan at elite status for several decades.
Lane Kiffin for the next head coach of Michigan!
EDIT: This has been up long enough now. This was satire, fighting the insanity of this blog with maximum insanity. "In a mad world, only the mad are sane." So this doesn't totally come back to bite me in the ass later when someone links this and says "YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY, YOU WANTED KIFFIN TO BE THE MICHIGAN COACH" (which, no), for those on phone apps that can't see the tags or those that don't look at the tags below:
Hello, again, MGoBloggers! It's been an interesting December, full of highs and pitfalls - cliffs, if you will. One thing has been steady and true - the basketball team continues to win. To help aid in the process of defining one's life's worth through wins and losses, I've created another "calendar" wallpaper. This one is for, as the title suggests, the January slate of Michigan basketball. Before a bunch of curmudgeons (you know who you are) point it out, this is obviously not the whole team being featured. This is who I believe should be the starting crew the rest of the way. If you don't like it, well that's, like, your opinion, man. Anyway, I hope you like it. As always, constructive criticism and/or requests are welcome, as I'm always looking for new ideas to continue to hone my relatively primitive Adobe skills.
Mobile (iPhone, etc)
NOTE: Mobile version will come as I get time. Maybe tonight if I get a bout of insomnia - who knows?
EDIT: I took the easy way out for the mobile version for now. I'll ask forgiveness later, but it'll do until I can put some real effort into an alternative mobile version.