courts be like "why is it a problem if people get money"
Detroit Red Wings
I saw the Guptill and Porter threads but thought it might be a good idea to make a comprehensive thread since a few more deals have gone down and more Wolverines hockey alumni are on the move:
- Matt Hunwick to the New York Rangers (previously Colorado)
- Kevin Porter to the Detroit Red Wings (original thread) (previously Buffalo)
- Steve Kampfer to the New York Rangers (previously Minnesota)
- Al Montoya to the Florida Panthers (previously Winnipeg)
- Mike Cammalleri to the New Jersey Devils (5 years/$25 million) (previously Calgary)
Game 3 Tonight for the Red Wings. First home playoff game for Detroit of the 2014 playoffs.
Puck Drop 7:30 EST
TV: NBCSN or FSD
Daniel Alfredsson is out. In is Jokiam Andersson. This will be his first game played in the 2014 playoffs. Andersson played 14 games last year as a rookie.
Jakub Kindl replaces Alfredsson at the point, along with Danny DeKeyser) on the second power-play unit (joining Tomas Tatar, Riley Sheahan and Jurco).
Here are the lines the Red Wings skated with this morning:
Johan Franzen-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader
Tomas Tatar-Riley Sheahan-Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco-Darren Helm-Joakim Andersson
Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-David Legwand
LET'S GO RED WINGS!
Now lets win this game
Edit. Just thought i should add this (Dats on Crosby):
In what is shaping up as a great off season the Red Wings have reached a 2-year deal with Gustav Nyquist. The deal is for $1.9 mil or $950k cap hit. This signing looks like a steal to me, and I think this kid has a break out season in 2013-14.
UPDATE: The #RedWings have agreed to a two-year deal with Gustav Nyquist.— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) August 20, 2013
I know we are close to the season but thought this wasn't crazy off topic.
Edit: I know it's the Freep but only news outlet with an article so far.
NHL.com has a list of the Top 25 remaining free agents, and it got me thinking, do the wings persure any of these guys?
What are your thoughts? Should the Wings be done for the offseason, sign another Free Agent or two, or are you calling for a blockbuster trade (i.e. Boston trading Seguin to Dallas)?
1. I would like to get Brunner back on the team. I think he got his whits back about him late in the season last year, and will push to be a top 6 forward on this team.
2. Brad Boyes is a name that jumps out at me. I love his playing style, and he put up 35 points last year on a line with Tavares. I think he could help the wings on the top two lines in scoring and in the physical dept as well. Personally, any Ex-Blues player is welcome on my team. Those "Pesky Blues" have been a thorn in the Wings side for years. I like the type of players that team puts on the ice, and how those guys play the game. Boyes is no exception.
3.Other names that intrigue me are Nik Antropov and Simon Gagne. They are older and coming off injuries, but if they were to have a healthy season, either one could contribute to make this team better.
4. Whatever they do, please do not bring back Cleary!
5. If we don't sign anyone, we need to get young in a hurry. Bring up some kids before they are ready if need be. From what I hear, the likes of Farraro, Jurco, & Riley "the Drunken Teletubby" Sheahan are a year, to a year and a half away. I think bringing a kid up early could speed up the process. Spell them with the likes of Eaves and Miller, and get them some experience in the League.
6. I don't think we should go defense. That is all.
7. PIPEDREAM!!!! Trade everything for Stamkos!! And while we are at it, trade Ken Holland for Yzerman too. That would be a great way to spice up this new-divisional rivalry with Tampa.
Obligatory Hockey Meme
At least we aren't going to have this happen too often anymore...
According to Freep and Detroit News sources, Illitch Holdings met with the DDA this afternoon and a tentative deal has been reached for an 18,000 seat multi-purpose event center. The arena would be located kitty corner from Comerica Park.
It's still very early in the project, so no word yet on the future of JLA. Illitch Holdings hopes to get the deal finialized by the end of the year.