fair point that
The board and M news in general has been pretty bad today, what with the news of Countess leaving, Norfleet in some lukewarm water with academics, a possible DUI, and the NCAA trying to limit satellite camp exposure.
Therefore, I think we all need a little pick-me-up. Share the love for your fellow MGoBloggers, POSBANG like there's no tomorrow, and post things that make you happy (for me, that's Denard and his contagious smile).
I always take great interest in watching the evolution of lines over the course of a week. Looks like this one has started out pretty high. Michigan -10.5 and -11.5 from the only two data points at 6ish on Sunday night.
Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune has a nice article on Denard in this evening's Tribune.
We are starved for news, and there is nothing much new. However, it is nice to see an article about MIchigan and Denard Robinson in the Trib. A few points:
- Denard has developed leadership skills.
- Denard is more vocal. "If you have to come down on somebody hard, you do it."
- Denard has a great smile. Says Lewan: "I don't know if he's too nice. He has a damn good smile. But Denard has done a great job of balancing being fun and being a leader."
- Denard has humility, and is quick to acknowledge he has thrown too many picks.
- Denard has worked on not throwing off the back foot, and after a year, he knows Borges' offense.
LIke I said, this is a fluff piece that doesn't add any content to a rabid mgoblogger. The primary reason for posting this is to highlight that MIchigan is getting good press and publicity outside of the State of MIchigan. I'm counting the days til real football.