well that's just, like, your opinion, man
This weekly update will be a little sparse. Since there was a bye then an away game, there wasn't much that happened that I haven't reported already. This weekend should be a good one, however, with the Dr. Phillips clan coming to town.
As usual I will post this in a separate diary since the names will change as we get closer to the date. This is the only thing I'm going to say as far as everyone asking about a potential "secret recruit' visiting this weekend. I have confirmed he's coming, and I will let you know who it is when they give me the OK to tell you.
- Safety Roderick Ryles (6'1", 185 lbs, 3 Star): Currently committed to Arkansas, but he has said numerous times that anything can happen. If he likes this visit, I would expect Michigan to be a heavy contender.
- Linebacker Darryl Monore (6'1", 215 lbs, 3 Star): Darryl has not been offered by Michigan, but will be making the trip up this weekend. Currently committed to Washington State, he has said that basically means nothing and it's as soft a commit as you can be.
- Running Back Demetrius Hart (5'8", 190 lbs, 4 Star, Commit): You already know.
- Safety Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix (6'2", 190 lbs, 5 Star): Alabama commit coming up for the second time. I was a little optimistic until I spoke with someone in Florida that I trust. They said Ha'Sean is definitely committed to Alabama, and it would be hard to get him away from that. We'll see what happens.
- Wide Receiver Chris Gallon (6'5", 205 lbs, 3 Star): Chris does not have an offer, although the coaches have told him they're reviewing his film. It seems as though Chris may be a back up plan for Michigan at wide receiver.
- Quarterback Nick Patti (5'10", 180 lbs, 2012 Recruit): Nick has consistently said that Michigan is one of his favorites.
5'11", 205 lbs.
Will Mahone was in Ann Arbor this year to watch a Michigan game already, and this week traveled to Pennsylvania to see the Penn State game. He got a two for one, as he got to check out both the Lions and Wolverines offense.
It's great to have a quarterback like Denard, we have a versatile quarterback, too, so that's good. (Michigan's) running back (Vincent) Smith looks like he's good too. They had a rough game, but they made a little comeback too.
Mahone plays in a spread offense now that uses a lot of read options, much like Michigan. The new recruiting rules have slowed down offers, but Will is still hearing from a good amount of big time schools.
Alabama, Penn State, Oregon, Virginia, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Michigan and Notre Dame are all still sending letters. I have an offer from Cincinnati, too.
While running back may not be a big priority for Michigan in the 2012 class, Mahone would be a good option.
I spoke with Dr. Phillips LB Darryl Monroe today, and he updated me on his status. He's a teammate of recent commit Demetrius Hart, and Michigan recruits S Roderick Ryles, WR Chris Gallon, and 2012 QB Nick Patti.
Monroe is currently committed to Washington State, but as I've said before it's very soft. He has been in contact with the Michigan coaches lately, and will be up soon for a visit.
I just talked to Coach Smith today, and he said he's just waiting to hear back from the defensive coaches. Waiting to hear if they want to offer me. I'll be coming up there probably for the Illinois game. We were all going to come up for the Wisconsin game but Nick told me we might change it, I'm not sure yet.
We'll see when they all decide to come up. It sounds like Michigan has a real shot if they decide to offer. It's hard for Darryl to really analyze anything, and where each school stands.
I want to see what Michigan has to offer from the depth chart, the defensive schemes, the academic side, and the atmosphere. If I go up there and I love it, then it will be on the coaches then. If they offer or not, but we'll see what happens.
He said if he and all his teammates decide Michigan is the best place for all of them, then that would be great. They all need to find the right place for them though. We won't know more until they all take their visit up to Ann Arbor, but it sounds somewhat promising so far.
Avery Walls is a defensive back out of Georgia that Michigan fans are hoping to get. He recently came back from a trip to Cal, and has decided that he's going to take a few more visits before he makes his decision.
I'm going to go to Michigan State, South Carolina, Virginia, and U Conn. Once all my visits are done then I'll decide from there. I don't have a leader right now, because I haven't seen all the schools yet. I'm still evaluating different things about each school.
He recently went out to Oregon and Cal, and said that all the schools he's visited so far have been different in their own right.
They all had a certain mentality about them from the coaches, a certain lifestyle, and a different climates.
I couldn't get a good read from him, so I'm not really sure what to think. We'll have to wait to find out his decision after his visits are up.