don't we all
Trevor Sullivan is a 14 year old kid waiting for a heart transplant. Maurice Hurst went to visit him at the hospital and they've become friends.
I know all the players make visits there, but Hurst has really taken it to another level. Hanging out with the kid, having dinner at his house, etc.
Hurst sets an example that everyone should follow. I'm proud to have him representing the University of Michigan.
This has been your feel good story of the week.
P.S. Trevor has a GoFundMe page accepting donations to help out with current and future medical bills. I imagine that a 14 year old with a new heart will be racking up some pretty big bills.
EDIT: Link to his GoFundMe page.
Before the year's out, and while we're all feeling warm and fuzzy and maize and blue, consider strongly a donation to University of Michigan's C. S. Mott Children's Hospital.
A leader in pediatric research and care, it is one of UM's treasures, with such fine people as Dr. Valerie Castle, Pediatrician-in-Chief and Director of the Neuroblastoma research program.
Dr. Castle, and many, many, others are part of the amazing talent we are fortunate to have at Mott pediatric hospital, and it's why so many UM greats have a longstanding history of support, including Charles Woodson.
And, of course, let's also not forget Lloyd Carr's four-year-old grandson, Chad, who, despite spending his fourth birthday receiving treatment on the Coach Carr unit, is smiling and hanging tough:
Each of the links above provide other links to directly donate to Mott. So before the year is out, those of you considering where to donate, don't forget C. S. Mott!
Thanks, and Go Blue!
[It Looks An Awful Lot Like] It's Happening!
I just saw this on reddit and thought it was a cool idea. I just thought I'd pass it along to you gentlemen because I know how much support there is for Mott around here.
Mott Takeover today on WTKA. Sam Webb with Jay Feely and Lloyd Carr in studio right now. Already had Jarrett Irons on the phone, and Tim BIakabutuka on right now.
Donate by calling call 1-800-559-2657 or visit GivetoMott.org
Donation levels for giveaways and schedule here: http://t.co/CDXcOP4f20
JOIN US FOR THE 2013 MOTT TAKEOVER ON FRIDAY MAY 17TH ON SPORTS TALK 1050 WTKA, WTKA.COM AND iHeart Radio.
Once again, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is taking over Sports Talk 1050 WTKA.
HERE'S THE 2013 LINEUP (always subject to change):
- 7-8am -- Lloyd Carr, Jay Feely, Jarret Irons (call-in 7:15), David Baas (call-in 7:30)
- 8-9am -- Al Borges, Remy Hamilton, Dave Brandon (call-in 8:45), Drew Stanton (call-in TBA)
- 9-10am -- Dana Jacobson, Peter Vanderkaay, Zack Novak, Brian Griese (call-in 9:30)
- 10-11am -- Anthony Thomas, Mike Hart, Larry Foote, Chris Floyd
- 11am-12pm -- Jeff Backus, Ron Bellamy, John Navarre
- 12-1pm --Travis Conlon, Andy Mignery, Drew Henson (call-in 12:00)
- 1-2pm -- Ron English, Roy Manning, Marlin Jackson, Chad Henne (call-in 1:15), Eric Mayes (call-in 1:15)
- 2-3pm -- Cato June, Jerame Tuman, Aaron Shea, David Baas (call-in 2:15)
- 3-4:30pm at The M-Den -- Steve Everitt, Steve Hutchinson, Glen Steele, Ben Mast, Jake Long (call-in 3:30)
- 4:30-6pm at The M-Den -- Charles Woodson, James Hall, Dr. Valerie Castle, Rob Renes (call-in 4:45), Brady Hoke (call-in 5:00), John Beilein (call-in 5:30)
Can listen live here: http://www.wtka.com/
More news probably will follow. There will probably be the Alumni Game and there will be Battle at The Big House II- Michigan vs ohio in lacrosse after the Spring Game.
The 2013 Mott Spring Game presented by PNC Bank will be held at Michigan Stadium on Saturday, April 13 at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Mott Spring Game by PNC Bank Slated for April 13 at Michigan Stadium
ANN ARBOR – The 2013 Mott Spring Game presented by PNC Bank in partnership with Michigan Athletics will be held at Michigan Stadium on Saturday, April 13. The Spring Game is free to the public and Team 134 is set to take the field at approximately 12:30 p.m. EDT.
The gates to the Big House will open at 10 a.m., as events will surround the football team’s final spring practice.
The fifth annual alumni flag football game is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m., while Michigan’s men’s lacrosse team will face Ohio State, tentatively to begin at 3:30 p.m.
Full details surrounding the Spring Game and the men’s lacrosse contest are still to come and will be updated on MGoBlue.com.