Mike Lantry, 1972
- Offensively - OL's are needed
- Defensively - DL and LB
- Ultimately, looking for guys who will understand the value of a degree and play michigan football.
He didn't mention anything about touching kids this time.
There are quotes aplenty in here. Commence reading between the lines:
* Goricki has been Sparty-friendly in past articles. Did he ignore RichRod-friendly coaches here? Who knows?
* The first guy quoted is Patrick Threet of St. Clair Shores Lakeview. Steven's brother? :) He doesn't appear to be a RichRod fan. Samples:
"... you can definitely feel there's a leadership vibe there (with Hoke) that will relate to the hard-working people of Michigan ..." (Hopelessly vague ...)
"When you look at Michigan State, they won the state in recruiting and I think it shows." (Whatever ...)
"There was a little bit of arrogance (with Rodriguez)."
* Next up, the somewhat famous John Herrington of Farmington Hills Harrison:
"I thought Rodriguez was a very good coach, an offensive genius. I think it will be different where Brady will recruit Michigan harder and not just go to Florida and California (like Rodriguez) ..." (I find this much more interesting, because Herrington's opinions probably carry some weight. Even he seems to believe that RichRod didn't spend enough time in Michigan.)
* How does everyone feel about Hoke downshifting from a BlackBerry to a "regular" cell phone? Offhand I can't imagine why someone would voluntarily trade down in that area, but maybe that's just me. More important, what does it say about his modernity? Coaches are still allowed to text these days, right? (I'm assuming he wouldn't be enthusiastic about texting with only number keys.) Does he risk being perceived as out-of-touch by players? I could see where some people, like Coach Threet, could find the idea appealing.
Just a point of discussion I was wondering about...
What does everybody think Hoke will/should do with the new slogans and signs that were put up during the Rich Rodriguez era? Will "Hard Edge" stay? What about "Hold the Rope?" I think Barwis had another one put up, too, but I can't remember or find a reference to it. Will Hoke keep them, or go his own way?
I'm supporting Hoke but dude
touching kids MOTIVATIN' MICHIGAN MEN.