things go poorly
big house football
So, I have been going to Michigan games for a bit over three decades. I like tradition but am amenable to change, including the Rawk music blaring in the stadium. Rather than be a naysayer, I'd like to make the thing better. Here are some thoughts:
1. Use volume more effectively. Not everything needs to be played at eleven.
2. I like hearing the band - today was pretty good that way. Especially percussion section.
3. No Rawk music at all when the team is coming on the field. Not even a peep. Just hear Brady Hoke say "This is Michigan for godsakes", then the team runs on the field to the band playing.
Okay, with that said, now comes the part for audience participation: music selection. What would people actually want to hear? I think the following should make the cut:
1. Seven Nation Army - just because it was awesome during the ND game and the White Stripes came from Detroit.
2. Howlin' for you (The Black Keys) - because the chant would be cool in the stadium and I don't know anyone else using it yet.
3. Rocky & Bullwinkle (The Michigan Marching Band) - Yes, I like the Blues Brothers thing, but I grew up making moose ears at the stadium
What thinks the Board?
<<EDIT: For some reason the replies to this post are not showing completely below.>>