The nutty Michigan coverage isn't so much about Harbaugh as it is a signal to the Big Ten that Fox wants to party.
1) Do not vote until Sunday. Right now we can only accommodate so many people on the ballot (I believe that it is around 140), so please do not waste a vote by voting before all the games have been played.
2) Leave the bias out of it.
3) I promise not to change your votes, unless you are ranking teams in a way that is just crazy. It is hard to monitor over 100 people, so help me out with this.
4) You do not have to put your name on there, but it would be cool if you did so that I know who has been voting. I appreciate those that do and would like to give people a shout out if they have been doing really well.
5) Do not kill each other if you do not agree with the rankings. There will hopefully be enough people to balance out the few really high/ really low ranked teams.
6) Have fun with this. I think that our poll is a more true example of what is going on in the world of college football, because we can leave the pre-season stuff out of it. Vote based on WHO HAS THE BEST RESUME SO FAR. Do not try to predict the future.
Week 2 was interesting. We have been able to add some things, like most first place votes for our poll, and we increased our voters by a couple this week. Again, please vote, the more of you we get the better.
Here is the link- enter your information at anytime Link- http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmMe19eG6tLTdHVQOXdWYzlyVHJENTJP...
Great Work Again by Bleedin9Blue.
OK on to the Poll for this week
|MGoBlog||Coaches Rank||AP Rank|
|#||Team||Points||PVS||PVS in ()||PVS in ()|
|1||Alabama (18)||397||1||3 (3)||3 (3)|
|2||Florida (3)||378||2||1 (1)||1 (1)|
|3||Texas (1)||372||3||2 (2)||2 (2)|
|4||Virginia Tech.||330||4||5 (6)||5 (6)|
|5||Boise State||328||5||6 (5)||6 (5)|
|6||LSU||325||7||4 (4)||4 (4)|
|7||Cincinnati||296||6||10 (11)||8 (10)|
|8||USC||279||10||7 (7)||7 (7)|
|9||Iowa||263||8||14 (11)||12 (13)|
|10||Miami||254||15||11 (21)||11 (17)|
|11||TCU||237||13||9 (10)||10 (11)|
|12||Ohio State||229||12||8 (9)||9 (9)|
|13||Oregon||216||17||17 (25)||13 (16)|
|14||Penn State||172||16||12 (13)||14 (15)|
|15||Auburn||169||NR||19 (NR)||17 (NR)|
|16||Kansas||145||20||15 (16)||16 (18)|
|17||Nebraska||121||23||22 (24)||21 (23)|
|18||Oklahoma State||95||14||13 (12)||15 (14)|
|19||Wisconsin||87||NR||25 (NR)||NR (NR)|
|20||Missouri||85||25||18 (23)||24 (NR)|
|21||South Florida||83||NR||24 (NR)||23 (NR)|
|22||Georgia Tech.||72||24||23 (NR)||22 (25)|
|23||South Carolina||51||NR||NR (NR)||25 (NR)|
|24||Brigham Young||46||21||20 (21)||18 (20)|
|25||Mississippi||40||NR||16 (18)||20 (21)|
LOVE 'EM (Avg. Spots higher than the polls)
#19 Wisconsin (6.5)
#17 Nebraska (4.5)
#9 Iowa (4))
#15 Auburn (3)
Wisconsin gets the most "love" this week from our voters. They crack our Top 20, despite being ranked 25 and NR in the two polls. At 5-0 it is tough to see them ranked below a 2-2 Oklahoma team in the AP and Coaches
HATE "EM (Avg. Spots lower than the polls)
#25 Mississippi (7)
#24 BYU (5)
#18 Oklahoma State (4)
#12 Ohio State (3.5)
Mississippi is an average Top 20 team, but we barely feel that they are a Top 25 team. Mississippi ranks in at 16 in the Coaches Poll, a full 9 spots higher than our poll
ON THE BRINK (Teams 26-30)
FWIW last week 4 of our 5 teams On the Brink made an appearance in the Top 25 this week. The most likely to appear next week are Stanford and Houston. They both play big road games this week. Stanford is at Oregon State, and Houston is playing a non-conference game on the road against Mississippi State. If Notre Dame were to beat USC, not a snowballs chance, they would assuredly be a Top 25 team. Also, the Maize and Blue could jump back in with a win over Top 15 Iowa.
HEAD SCRATCHIER (Team where people had no idea where to rank them)
Last week's was Oklahoma, as you can see they were well worth the ranking, as they dropped from 8 in our polls to being unranked. This week's are Ohio State and Oklahoma State. Both had some rankings in the Top 10, but were ranked in more than one poll in the low 20s. This is what you have when you have teams with one loss bouncing all over the board.