Mike Lantry, 1972
Michigan is #17 and #16 in the AP and coaches poll respectively. Anyone else worried(If we win) that we might not get to #14 after OSU to qualify for a BCS Bowl? Give me your thoughts
EDIT: Good points. Beat Ohio
And in the newly released BCS Standings, we are at 15
Rumor has it that Craig James has Michigan ranked the highest of all the AP voters, at 16.
See what I did there?
Edit: Google search for "rumors about craig james". We've made history here, folks...
Although we may despise Notre Dame there have been some valuable contributions by Notre Dame football blogs. One of the best was the Pick Six contest that the now defunct Notre Dame blog Blue-Gray Sky used to operate. Before the season you pick 5 ranked teams and one unranked team that you think will end the season with the highest rankings after the bowls are done.
I enjoyed entering the contest when Blue-Gray Sky was still around so with Brian's approval we're bringing Pick Six to MGoBlog.
- A: Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon, LSU, Boise State
- B: Florida State, Stanford, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Nebraska
- C: Wisconsin, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, TCU, Arkansas
- D: Notre Dame, Michigan State, Ohio State, Georgia, Mississippi State
- E: Missouri, Florida, Auburn, West Virginia, Southern Cal
The Associated Press Top 25 Poll
Updated: Sunday October 03, 2010 12:21 PM
Rank Team Record Votes Previous
1 Alabama (58) 5-0 1,497 1
2 Ohio State (1) 5-0 1,401 2
3 Oregon 5-0 1,379 4
4 Boise State (1) 4-0 1,341 3
5 TCU 5-0 1,250 5
6 Oklahoma 5-0 1,183 8
7 Nebraska 4-0 1,172 6
8 Auburn 5-0 1,045 10
9 Arizona 4-0 898 14
10 Utah 4-0 860 13
11 Arkansas 3-1 825 15
12 LSU 5-0 819 12
13 Miami (FL) 3-1 769 16
14 Florida 4-1 681 7
15 Iowa 4-1 670 17
16 Stanford 4-1 663 9
17 Michigan State 5-0 607 24
18 Michigan 5-0 555 19
19 South Carolina 3-1 450 20
20 Wisconsin 4-1 316 11
21 Nevada 5-0 286 25
22 Oklahoma State 4-0 173 NR
23 Florida State 4-1 162 NR
24 Missouri 4-0 99 NR
25 Air Force 4-1 94 NR
Others Receiving Votes: West Virginia83, Kansas State69, USC52, Texas33, Northwestern25, Oregon State12, Baylor10, Virginia Tech8, UCLA8, North Carolina State4, Penn State1
The headline is self explanatory.
Kansas is #1, MSU #2.
Others of note:
Oh real quick...Give a big positive point bang to Bleedin9Blue. He was AWESOME with the sheet. This would not be possible without him. So mad love to you sir!!!
Thank you as well to all of those who voted...great first week, way to help me get this off the ground. I am going to lock you in to the poll so you have a spot every week.
1) Do not vote until Sunday. Right now we can only accommodate so many people on the ballot (I believe that it is around 140), so please do not waste a vote by voting before all the games have been played.
2) Leave the bias out of it. I actually believe Michigan could be put in the Top 15, but not #1 Overall.
3) I promise not to change your votes, unless you are ranking teams in a way that is just crazy. It is hard to monitor over 100 people, so help me out with this.
4) You do not have to put your name on there, but it would be cool if you did so that I know who has been voting. I appreciate those that do and would like to give people a shout out if they have been doing really well.
5) Do not kill each other if you do not agree with the rankings. There will hopefully be enough people to balance out the few really high/ really low ranked teams.
6) Have fun with this. I think that our poll is a more true example of what is going on in the world of college football, because we can leave the pre-season stuff out of it. Vote based on WHO HAS THE BEST RESUME SO FAR. Do not try to predict the future.
OK...For our first poll we had almost 20 voters. A team ranked 1st got 25 points, a team ranked 25th got 1 point. We are working on a way to auto-compare it with the AP and Coaches' Poll, but for the first week I will just write some notes to do the analysis. So without further ado...the first annual MGoBlog Members Blog Poll
|Member's Poll||Coaches Rank||AP Rank|
Some observations. This week we seem to have most of the same teams as the experts, but it a different order. I think that this will eventually change, and will lead to some better analysis.
LOVE 'EM (Teams we have ranked substantially higher)
HATE "EM (Teams we have ranked substantially lower)
ON THE BRINK (Teams 26-30)
HEAD SCRATCHIER (Team where people had no idea where to rank them)
Oklahoma- The Sooners were ranked as high as 5 and were left off of one ballot entirely.
Others- Kansas, TCU and Miami
Here is your link to participate. You can go there now to check out the ballot. PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMULAS IN THE TAB MARKED CHARTS, ONLY ENTER THINGS INTO THE VOTE SHEET. If you are sure that you are going to vote, you can fill your name in for the information...again just please do not vote until Sunday and do not put in your information if you are not sure if you are going to vote at all. Copy and paste the link below into your browser, and we will have this up and posted on Tuesday of next week. Thanks again to those of you who voted this week.