For those of you that didn't read it, I had an update on Trai Turner here.
I didn't mention this before, but he also has a teammate, Jonah Austin, who's 6-foot-5, and 315-pounds. Jonah also has interest in Michigan, and holds an offer as well.
If that wasn't enough, they have another teammate named Renaldo Thomas. Thomas is a 6-foot-4, 205-pound safety, and he also has an offer from Michigan.
I haven't spoken to Thomas, so I'm not sure if there's mutual interest, or not. I just wanted to make you aware.
Anyhow, here's Trai Turner's new highlight video:
Basically, UM offered. He has a lot of Southern offers. The Florida guys (state not U) like him. Good elusivity, good top end speed, above average acceleration. Glides at top end.
May be being looked at as a RB or a Slot.
TOM: What were you expecting to get out of this visit?
CHRIS: I was really just expecting a tour, to see the facilities, and everything. I wasn’t expecting a lot, but it was a lot more than that. I got to see the academic side more, which I hadn’t seen yet. The competitions with the players were fun, too.
TOM: How did the events go? Was it pretty relaxed?
CHRIS: Yeah, it was a lot of fun. The players obviously like competing with each other. We go to watch them compete in a bunch of different events, so it was pretty cool. I was impressed; they all seemed really strong and really fast. When they ran the 40 yard dash, it was pretty close.
TOM: Besides the events, did you get a chance to talk with the coaches?
CHRIS: I stayed overnight with my brother, so I got to see a little more. My parents left at night, but we all got a chance to ask the coaches some questions and talk with them. Before my parents left, coach Rodriguez talked to us for a while. He was just talking about how good of a school Michigan is, and where they’re at with the football program. My parents were previously Ohio State fans, but they were very impressed with everything. They came away the same way I did, and really liked everything they saw.
TOM: What else did Coach Rodriguez talk to you about?
CHRIS: We didn’t really talk about the depth chart, or anything like that. We both just wanted to get to know each other better, and build a relationship more. It was good to just talk with him. Coach Rodriguez just seems like a normal guy who happens to be good at coaching football. It’s weird, he’s the head coach, and I was just standing there talking to him. It was good.
TOM: After this visit where are you headed next, and what’s your timeline look like?
CHRIS: I’m going to Notre Dame’s junior day next weekend, and I might go to some other spring practices. I haven’t really planned a lot out yet. I don’t have a time line, it’s just going to be when I feel it’s right. I haven’t come up with a top list, because I haven’t seen enough schools, but my interest in Michigan is very high. I really like what they have to offer.
Current commit Delonte Hollowell is in Boston this weekend, at the Nike Indoor Nationals track meet (the reason that he won't be at Night of Champions).
His team, which consisted of Dior Mathis, Kishon Wilcher, and Terry Richardson (2012 DB from Cass Tech), took third place. If you'll notice, Trotwood won first, and I'm almost positive that Michael Jordan is AJ Jordan, the WR recruit.
Trai Turner is a 6-foot-5, 340-pound OT from Louisiana.
I spoke with him today, and he told me he currently has a Michigan offer. He also has offers from SMU, Kentucky, Houston, Southern Miss, and Tulsa. He has verbal offers from Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi State. Nebraska also told him that they will be offering today.
Trai is good friends with Carvin Johnson, and said that Carvin picking Michigan will definitely play into who he chooses. They played on opposing teams, and Trai laid a big hit on Carvin after he intercepted the ball. They talked about it together, and have been friends since.
Michigan is high on his list, because of his friendship, and also because of the relationship he's building with Rich Rodriguez. Being in Louisiana, it's going to be hard for him to make a visit, unless it's an official one. He is definitely going to try to get up to Ann Arbor, though.
He should have his highlight tape soon, it's being created right now. It sounds like we have a really good shot here.
Here's who I've talked to so far. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lot of them, fee free to add any names that you have heard.
- WR Deandre Scott, from Maryland will be there. He's bringing one of his teammates, who's only a freshman, with him to check it out. Scott has an offer from CMU, but is hearing from a lot of schools right now.
- Damiere Byrd will NOT be there. He plans on coming up to Michigan on June 5th, instead.
- LB Percy Johnson will NOT be there. He didn't know there was anything going on, which is probably not a good sign. This could change, since I just told him about it, but he's not coming, as of now.
- WR Justin Olack will NOT be there. He didn't know about the event either. He's also talking to his coach about trying to get up there. Might happen, might not. He doesn't have an offer either way.
- Glenville QB Cardale Jones will be there......he's from Glenville.
- Instate DE Brennen Beyer will be there.
- Detroit Crockett ATH Ashton Gaines said he isn't coming for now, unless he can get a ride.
- PA DB Kyshoen Jarrett said he won't be able to make it, unless his family can go. Looks like he won't be there.
- Dulles RB Jarrell Oliver will be there. Same school as Stonum, Woolfolk, and Brandon Herron.
- West Virginia RB Allan Wasonga hasn't decided if he's going to make it up. He'll be a last minute decision as well.
- DE Brad Carrico is thinking about coming up with his best friend, also a Michigan recruit, DE Chris Rock. Both are from Ohio, both really like Michigan. They went to school together until their sophomore year.
- Inkster RB Da'Shawn Bell will be there.
**I Will keep updating the list, as I hear back from more**
- DT Kevin Williams WILL be there on Saturday. It's good news that he's going to be on campus again.
- Ohio DE Bryan Baird will be there. He doesn't have an offer yet, but is hoping to get one soon. He's 6'4 230 lbs.
- TE Ray Hamilton won't be there, as of now. He's taken his visit, and knows the coaching staff well, so that's not a surprise.
- DE Charles Burks will be at Michigan this weekend. Burks is from Huntington Beach, so it's a big trip for him to make on his own dime.
- Inkster LB Dwight Trammer will be there.
- Commit Delonte Hollowell will NOT be there. He's in Boston for track Nationals with teammate Kishon Wilcher.
- Commit Greg Brown will be there.
- OL Chris Carter will NOT be there. He couldn't find a ride, either.
- OL Matt Skura from Ohio will be there.
- Instate OL Anthony Zettel will NOT be there.