“The player development is the main thing I like (about Michigan),” Williams said. “You can see that they develop their players. They get them in the gym and they work them hard. And their hard work pays off.”
In case you missed it last week, our longtime fantasy sports partner Draftstreet has merged with/under Draft Kings. If you've played or tried the old, it's time to try the new. Also we offered a deal for people who deposit $5 or more to get a free digital edition of our annual book, Hail to the Victors, like right away.
Larry stressed to me this morning that he wants to know how strongly he and his team are on board with Draft Kings, and that it's important for you guys especially to get acquainted with DK and feel cool bugging him (email@example.com).
Today they're running another promo for MGoReaders—buy-in's just $2.00 or free if it's your first deposit—with the winners getting a shot at the big $400,000 mid-summer classic tomorrow (winner of that gets $100,000).
- $2 entry fee or free if you're a first-timer on Draft Kings
- Top places receives free entry into the $400,000 mid summer classic, which is on Tuesday (7/22). The winner of the mid summer classic wins $100,000!
- This link will update every day for that days games.
- Salary Cap Style. $50,000 to select 10 baseball players.
- First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
- Deposit $5 or more and you get a free digital (unlocked PDF) version of Hail to the Victors 2014.
- Larry will collect the email addresses on the accounts that qualify and send them to me.
- Look out for an email from me, [my name] @ [this site], with a link to download your digital edition, or if you prefer at that time I can email you the file (10 mb) directly.
[Update 7/17: New promo game for MLB (for tomorrow's games). Also, the way we're getting the copies to you is Larry sends me a chunk of emails a few times a day and I handle them all at once. The last group was from 6pm last night so if you've done the deal since then the book's on its way.]
Longtime readers should by now be quite familiar with our longstanding relationship with fantasy partner, Draftstreet. This week Larry called me to let me know they're merging with the other big fantasy site, Draft Kings. We've been playing and promoting Draftstreet's games for awhile because we like the guys—like us their whole business outlook is to put all of their thought and effort into the users' experience. During the course of that relationship Larry lamented a few times that Draft Kings really had the same outlook as they did, plus some software geniuses he envied.
This was inevitable: the two Drafts have merged into one great realm of daily and weekly fantasy sport awesomeness.
What this means
Promo? Of course. Two actually, and not mutually exclusive.
Try the MLB Game
Follow this link or any of those above to the game. Details:
Deposit $5 or More to Get a Free Digital Copy of HTTV Right Now
Same link. Whether you're a first-time user, played the free games before, or one of the jerks who took my money from me all March, if you add at least $5 to your account and came from our link, I'll e-mail you shortly after to send you a free digital copy of Hail to the Victors 2014 which we gave to our Kickstarter backers and which print version is currently awaiting the heating of presses (but is now available for pre-sale).
- Follow the link to Draft Kings.
- They'll send me your email. In clumps.
- I email you (when I'm not sleeping or having dinner or some such) to ask if you want a 10 mb file attached to that or another email address, or a link and instructions to download it.
- You get a DRM-free PDF of the book you can use on any device, write on, or whatever.
Larry's Still Our Guy
Larry's still our guy. ANY problems email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late last year, and then again last February Draftstreet.com let us host a freeroll for those interested in testing out their daily/weekly fantasy games. Lots of folks participated, knowledge was tested, fun was had, personal respect was destroyed, time was wasted, and then people won currency.
It's fantasy except instead of drafting one team at the beginning of the season you build a new one each week. Enrollment in our pool is free for MGoReaders, and there's $200 in the pool paid out among the Top 12 finishers as soon as each freeroll ends.
Way it works is you get a salary cap of $100,000 and use it to build a team of two QBs, three RBs, two WRs, a TE, and two FLEX positions. Each college football player has a price based on their expected fantasy performance [insert Ohio State joke]. So you can have your very own Matt McGloin for $13,597, but Whoa Johnny Manziel will cost you $21,040. It took me like five minutes to build my team:
(That I went with Devin in no way constitutes information—I know what you know)
The goal is to see how much people like it the next few weeks since it's a cool way to keep track of player value, and to do a basketball one starting in January. We'll have some of their guys on here from time to time and charts and stuff to show how and explain why Michigan's players are moving around the list. Fun AND educational guys!
You can adjust your roster up until the contest starts on Saturday 11/17 at 12:00pm ET at which time your rosters will lock and the Live Scoreboard will be available.
CLICK HERE to register for the league.