Wasn't it supposed to be announced today?
I know this isn't new, but I just came across it on Facebook and don't remember it being posted on the blog... 13 year old drinking prodigy accepted to Ohio State:
EDIT: it's been posted... still funny!
The top two squads, USA - Germany, go at it in semi-finals. Hope Solo has to be her stellar self for the USA to win this match. Germany's keeper is no slouch but reminds me of Frau Blucher.
Feel free to discuss your favorite Mel Brooks characters if you don't know or care about the USWMT.
What are your favorite smartphone apps for sports, and how do you use them? I have a few apps on my phone, but I have yet to find one that I really like. The ones I have currently are:
- ESPN - I like the score updates and I enjoy the Gamecast feature, but other than that the app isn't very good. I receive push notifications all the time about stuff I really don't care about. The news for my favorite teams updates rarely; and when it does, the writing is often poor (i.e. written by a guy who really doesn't know what he's talking about). I also have technical issues with it quite often.
- Twitter - IMO the best app for news. I follow my favorite people, and read the articles that intrigue me. News, however, is really the only thing it's good for. And there are no alerts when something happens.
- Bleacher Report - Love the notifications I get for breaking news, but that's about it. The rest of the app is meh.
- MGoBlog HD - I can't believe I ever used the regular MGoBlog app. HD is so much better. Great for discussion and news everything Michigan, but that's pretty much it.
- 247 Bolts - Downloaded this yesterday. I was really disappointed I couldn't use it for checking recruiting rankings, ballz, etc. I'm probably going to delete it unless told otherwise.
Are there different features you like about these apps that I should try out? Are there any different apps that you would recommend?
My people are saying Hackett is going to work on passing the reigns to Warde Manuel after the Nike deal is announced.
My source is the same as my apparell deal info (which should be announced any time on or after 7/1), someone who works closely with Jim Hackett, and someone I trust until something he tells me proves to not be accurate.
If it's true Hackett will probably ride off into the sunset with an approval rating that rivals Bo. With only 8ish months on the job so far he has hired the prodigal son and returned us to Nike (which seems to be the heavily preferred brand amongst athletes and coaches and slightly preferred amongst fans). Though probably a result of his first action, he has also revived football season ticket sales and the waiting list.
My source didn't give me a timeline, just that once the bow is tied on our apparell contract, Jim will want to set the wheels for Warde in motion.
Sorry if this is too much speculation and grounds for negging.