Mike Lantry, 1972
Hope to see a repeat performance out of Porcello tonight. Tigers and White Sox are always entertaining games.
Saw this stat on ESPN's preview of the game, pretty impressive to win 4 straight series against last years AL playoff teams.
Detroit (22-16) is 14-5 at Comerica Park and went 10-3 in its last 13 at home, winning series against Minnesota, Los Angeles, New York and Boston. The Tigers are the first team to win four straight home series against reigning playoff teams since 1995, when baseball began putting four teams in the postseason.
Obviously being off-season and the end of all major sports until the World Cup I was pretty bored and getting precariously close to having to start studying for exams. Procrastinating was difficult untill I came across www.ted.com. Basically interesting people around the world talk about what they do. This video was absolutely amazing
I need some opinions from people who have built their own websites. I know absolutely nothing about this type of thing but am looking to build a website (not a blog-type though). Can you guys offer any suggestions of what I should do? Or, which companies are the most reliable and legitimate for domain name registration? All advice as to how to do this the right way would be appreciated.
Last night was the conclusion of the 10-part HBO series "The Pacific," and I can honestly say I'm sad to see it go. What did you guys think?
Personally, I think this series made its mark and stands alone from "Band of Brothers" as an achievement (the two were always going to be compared). The acting was superb.
The producers really took the horrors of war up a notch, along with the toll it takes on these young men.
My favorite character had to be "Snafu." The guy who played him, Rami Malek (sp?), did an outstanding job.
For those of you who didn't see it, do yourself a favor and buy this series when it comes out. I know I will.
- Men's LAX wins their third national championship in a row
- Ladies golfer Ashley Bauer shoots a course record 65 on way to runner-up status at the Big Ten Championships
- Womens softball wins the Big Ten... again. A national #2 ranking and a host regional is set.
- A UM (Dearborn, OK) grad wins Miss USA
- Baseball is 1 game out of first in the Big Ten and just completed a comeback of legendary performances. A strong performance in the Big Ten Tourney and we may be looking at an NCAA birth as well.
- UM grad Mike Cammalleri single handedly eliminated evil hockey overlord Sydney Crosbey to put one of hockey's most venerated franchises on the doorstep of the Stanley Cup finals (last night's game not withstanding)
- Mens & Womens tennis get to the NCAA's and advance.
- And a man swallowing sinkhole didn't develop at the groundbreaking for the new basketball practice facility, signifying that contrary to popular, err Terry Foster's, opinion that hell will not freeze over if Michigan invests in its basketball programs.
- UPDATE: thanks to Blue in South Bend, I also forgot Mens Gymnastics (National Champs) and Womens Gymanstics (BT title, solid NCAA showing)
So it appears that angry Michigan hating BLANK god has either been on holiday, decided we're not worth it anymore and is getting ready to morph in to angry USC hating BLANK god, or maybe, just maybe....
"The Precious" has been destroyed??? Thank you Frodo Hunwick for freeing us!!
The Women's Softball Selection Show was tonight. Michigan will obviously host a regional as a national seed. They are the #2. As for the teams they'll face in their regional:
Ann Arbor Regional - May 21-23 at Ann Arbor, Michigan
Notre Dame (45-10) vs. Illinois State (32-18)
Wright St. (30-28-1) vs. No. 2 seed Michigan* (46-6)
I'll see if I can't convince Tim to have some sort of preview out for the weekend. If not, I may try to pull double duty.
No word on game times that I've seen yet. If Michigan can advance, they'll see the winner of the Tennessee regional.