chance of bowl: 13.6%
Just wanted to thrown this out there for everyone tired of hearing about NBA Free Agency. Drew Miller signed a one year deal worth $650,000. Miller had a career high 10 goals and nine assists last season with the Wings, plus was a huge part of the PK.
I think Miller is a great addition to to the Wings last season and i hope he continues to play well this upcoming season, maybe picking up a multi-year deal after Draper retires. M-Live is also reporting that Eaves and Meech are close to signing and Helm and Abdelkader will be signed later this summer.
So I'm sitting here in 91 degree heat (no AC at work) just waiting for the day to end. So far I plan on enjoying one of these
When I get out of here in front of an air conditioner at home. What are some of your favorite ways to beat the heat?
(Board was a little quiet today save the Lloyd thread... thought I'd stir up some discussion for the last hour of the workday)
1-0 netherlands, off a beautiful crossfield strike by their captain.
I know we have a few bandos or a few former bandos who still talk to the band director on this board. Lets make some suggestions to help them choose songs to add to their playlist for the coming season.
After making the RoboCop avatar, I thought that the RoboCop theme song would be a good one.
A 23 year old man died in the theater while watching the new twilight film. I guess the movie was even worse than I imagined.
Details on MSNBC:
We at MGoBlog love lists.
I wanted to start a discussion on your favorite war films. There are so many good ones, but if you had to narrow it down to a top five, what would that list look like?
For me, it was a struggle. Here's my five:
1. "Patton." It has one of my favorite opening scenes in film ever, and George C. Scott gives such a memorable performance.
2. "Saving Private Ryan". The D-Day scene alone gives me chills and the editing is fantastic.
3. "The Longest Day." Great cast.
4. "Downfall." Bruno Ganz is very believable as Hitler. He captures Hitler's mannerisms and little tendencies so well that it is almost scary. I felt like I was actually watching real footage of the man.
5. "All Quiet on the Western Front." I'm a sucker for the black and white pictures.
Other notables: "Platoon," "Full Metal Jacket," "Kelly's Heroes," "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Apocalypse Now."