...says Denzel Valentine of Big Ten Tourney favorite MSU, which is 5-7 in its last 12 games. Cumong, man.
I hesitate to post this weekend's SB update; however, I know many of you are big softball fans. Besides This is Michigan and nothing is too trivial for us.
The big rains that invaded Southern California this weekend washed out most of the games this weekend at the Louisville Slugger Invitational at Lakewood, Cali. We did get one game in this weekend against the Utah Valley Wolverines. All the other games were cancelled and today the AD anmnounced that we would play UCLA at their field since the girls will be in Cali this week.
We beat Utah Valley 6-1 in a mercy-rule win. Sara and Haylie split the pitching duties. Sara limited the Wolverines to 1 run off 2 hits; she had 2 Ks and 2 BBs. Haylie blanked the Wolverines off 1 hit; she had 4 Ks and 1 BBs. Haylie got the win to improve her record to 8-0. The game was tied 1-1 going into the bottom of the third before the wheels fell off for the Wolverines.
On offense, the Wolverines scored 7 runs off 10 hits. Romo led the offense by going 3 for 3 with 2 RBIs and 1 run scored. Caitlin went 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs and 1 run scored. Kelsey went 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs. It was a well-balanced offensive attack for the Wolverines.
We will play at UCLA Tuesday and Wednesday before heading to the World Class Judi Garman Classic this weekend.
#2 and defending NCAA Champions, Michigan DESTROYS the competition at Canham Natatorium for their FOURTH STRAIGHT B1G CHAMPIONSHIP!
Perspective: Michigan finished the meet with 889 points. The next closest team, Indiana, had 325....
TURN DOWN FO WHAT?!
Very busy day for Michigan Athletics today. Might as well just recap it in one big thread.
#2 Men's Swimming & Diving leads after Day 3 at the B1G Championships by 193 points. The final day of the B1G Championships are tomorrow night at Canham Natatorium.
Standings after day 3-
Softball, unfortunately, had both of their games today cancelled due to rain. Not known when or if they will be made up. They were supposed to play a highly ranked UCLA team.
- #13 Hockey tied ohio tonight, 2-2
- #20 Water Polo who has been struggling mightly thus far in 2014 got two huge wins today to bring their record to 5-10. They upset #15 UC Santa Barbara, 11-10 in OT and easily beat Azusa Pacific, 14-8.
- Women's Lacrosse played their first-ever home game in program history tonight at Oosterbaan, losing a close one 12-10 to Marquette. Still looking for that big first win for the program.
- Just finishing up minutes ago, #26 Men's Tennis beats state, 4-3 in a thriller final match.
- Baseball lost to #6 NC State today, 3-0 out in Cary, NC. They play a double-header tomorrow against notre dame at Noon and appalachian state at 4pm.
- #8 Women's Gymnastics picked up two wins tonight, beating #23 Kent State and BYU. Their score of 197.200 was runaway.
- Men's Track & Field is in 8th place at the B1G Indoor Championships at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, OH
- Women's Track & Field is in FIRST place at the B1G Champiosnhips, also SPIRE Institute.
This is the greatest day of my life! I heard back from UM admissions today and was told that I'm in for fall of 2014! I've never felt such a great feeling in my life as when I clicked on the Admitted Students button at Umich.edu . I'll tell you guys now that I will be in the student section this year for all the games and will definitely be early and cheering my ass off. Go blue guys, and I've never been prouder than to finally be apart of the leaders and the best!
Here's hoping everyone has plans for the weekend that involves beer.