in town for free camps
What are your favorite smartphone apps for sports, and how do you use them? I have a few apps on my phone, but I have yet to find one that I really like. The ones I have currently are:
- ESPN - I like the score updates and I enjoy the Gamecast feature, but other than that the app isn't very good. I receive push notifications all the time about stuff I really don't care about. The news for my favorite teams updates rarely; and when it does, the writing is often poor (i.e. written by a guy who really doesn't know what he's talking about). I also have technical issues with it quite often.
- Twitter - IMO the best app for news. I follow my favorite people, and read the articles that intrigue me. News, however, is really the only thing it's good for. And there are no alerts when something happens.
- Bleacher Report - Love the notifications I get for breaking news, but that's about it. The rest of the app is meh.
- MGoBlog HD - I can't believe I ever used the regular MGoBlog app. HD is so much better. Great for discussion and news everything Michigan, but that's pretty much it.
- 247 Bolts - Downloaded this yesterday. I was really disappointed I couldn't use it for checking recruiting rankings, ballz, etc. I'm probably going to delete it unless told otherwise.
Are there different features you like about these apps that I should try out? Are there any different apps that you would recommend?
My people are saying Hackett is going to work on passing the reigns to Warde Manuel after the Nike deal is announced.
My source is the same as my apparell deal info (which should be announced any time on or after 7/1), someone who works closely with Jim Hackett, and someone I trust until something he tells me proves to not be accurate.
If it's true Hackett will probably ride off into the sunset with an approval rating that rivals Bo. With only 8ish months on the job so far he has hired the prodigal son and returned us to Nike (which seems to be the heavily preferred brand amongst athletes and coaches and slightly preferred amongst fans). Though probably a result of his first action, he has also revived football season ticket sales and the waiting list.
My source didn't give me a timeline, just that once the bow is tied on our apparell contract, Jim will want to set the wheels for Warde in motion.
Sorry if this is too much speculation and grounds for negging.
I know it's been a bit slow in the MGoNews Department since the last two big commits and Kareem debacle, but seeing the Pipkins headline every time I hit F5 is starting to bring me down. So if it's not too much trouble, could the Mods put something new up, please?
Possible Choice Include:
A New Commit (this would be great, but is beyond control)
A Pictue Of Denard For No Reason (a personal favorite)
A Harbaugh Photoshop Montage (plenty of fodder for this one)
A "There Are" Post (always nice to see and timely)
A MGo BBQ recipe (I really enjoyed these abd It IS BBQ season)
Anything positive would be welcome, and perhaps you other MGoBlog aficionados can offer some suggestions...
The 2015 Copa America is in full swing, Chile having advanced over Uruguay last night in part because star Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani being shown a red card after responding to this awesome move by the Chilean defender Gonzalo Jara.
Jara has now been suspended, but it's too late for Uruguay who have now been eliminated. I guess this is Karma payback for all of the Luis Suarez biting incidents over the years from the Uruguayans.
I wound up in a Woodson(hallowed be his name) youtube wormhole and it was fun to see Grbac throw right at him as a rookie. I would of advised against, but I was 14 at the time. So when you get bored; youidk dial up some Denard, Brady, Walker, Roundtree, Perry, Edwards Killfest(comes with a free Spartan helmet), Tai Streets or Forcier ND or IU. Maybe a certain game idk, I watched the Illinois game of endless scoring the other day for no reason. Although I did follow it up with the Drew Henson OSU game, nice little night on the couch(ssshh don't tell her) I do believe the title on The Blade front page was Mich(again & again). GO BLUE.