"Rodrick Williams Jr.'s 10-month old, 2-foot-long savannah monitor named "Kill" gets the RB some strange looks when they go for walks together."
- "MODS: Please activate Death Star and obliterate this post."
- He's going to Eastern Michigan
- No Assclowns.jpg
- Most. Offseason. Thng. Ever.
- Where "Snowflakes" comes from
- BiSB is THE KNOWLEDGE
- That's not how the internet works, profit. NEG!
- Bad at spam
- We lost to who?
- This is funnier if you imagine it's Hoke and DB fighting.
- On politics in general and that one really political guy.
This is probably one of the last visible reminders that anyone will see before the official end of OT Season in about (30 minutes).
At this point, you may as well not bother if you have an OT thread idea. Chances are that it will disappear sometime before tomorrow at lunch.
I know you're growing weary of these, but the more people I catch, the better, especially because the cutoff is not on a weekend this time.
A few of us, fellow Michigan athletics junkies, are now MBA students starting our first year at Michigan, and this week we have a big project designed to help businesses in Detroit's Brightmoor neighborhood develop positive business models in their community. Each of our sections will be showcasing our business ideas tomorrow (Thursday) at Eastern Market from 11:30AM to 2:00PM. If you're in the Metro Detroit area and can swing by on your lunch hour, it would mean a lot to us (and Section 5 in particular). Stop by and say hi, I'll be the guy wearing the Bo/Harbaugh skinny M hat.
Mods feel free to delete if this is too far from the beaten path.
"The University of Michigan is one of the world’s 25 best universities and the best school in the Big Ten, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The survey ranked UM No. 24 and 17th in the U.S.
The survey ranked schools by “several indicators of academic or research performance, including alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, highly cited researchers, papers published in Nature and Science, papers indexed in major citation indices and the per capita academic performance of an institution"".
Source: The Detroit News, 8/25/2015
As we fade from the OT season it occurs to me that it would be fun to reincarnate an old thread idea about mgoblogger profiles, or Q & A's, for our more regular posters. I know somewhere down a trail here on the blog you can find some old ones, but they are indeed years old and there is a new crop of folks it would be fun to know more about. I thought of a few categories:
1. regulars: guys like robf, ray, sadeto, duckstep, brutus, e.german, everybody murders, cali and s.d. mick
2. regulars who will need to disclose their prescriptions: mad hatter, mean joe, rafi
3. mgolady bloggers: wendy, mabel, and of course mgobrewmom
4. some of the OG's: don, blaze, space coyote, and the mods, or updates if they have old ones (mgrowold?)
So the questions for the board would be 3-fold:
a.) good idea? b.) if so, who would you like to hear from? 3.) what format (set questions, maybe follow-up Q & A) would work?
Maybe run them on Mondays or Tuesday, slower days on the blog so they wouldn't clog up good football days, when we get back to OT season, or maybe a bad idea and just fo'gettaboutit!
** Please don't be offended if I missed you on a list - I have limited brain power and it's late**
EDIT: Looks like the board likes the idea, but best to wait until at least past bowl season, and maybe past hoops season - unless of course that turns into a dumpster fire.
I MeanJoe07 hereby decree on this 24th day of August of the year two thousand fifteen that every last monday of the "OT" season shall henceforth and forevermore be referred to as Marsupial Monday.
You voted for it in my survey, 17/20 Mods said it was okay, (Check out my diary entry if you're confused) and now you have it. Welcome to the first annual Marsupial Monday thread!
MeanJoe07's 7 Rules:
- All and any topics are allowed subject to moderation, blog rules, and rule #2.
- 51% of all posts must be Marsupial related. This will be strictly enforced. The other 49% is whatever you want subject to moderation, blog rules, and this rule.
- All gifs, memes, jokes and poems involving a Marsupials must be upvoted.
- When you create a post you must say it out loud or in your head using an Australian accent, mate. (I'll know if you didn't)
- If you find this thread reprehensible, be glad the next one isn't for another year and that Koalas don't live very long.
- All rules are suggestions except for rule #6.