Satchel's BBQ just opened up today at 11 and I just got back. It isn't the best BBQ in the world but it is the best BBQ in the area. Ive been to the BBQ place in Pinkney and Fenton and this is much better. Its next to the Whole Foods on Washtenaw
edit- so the roommate just got back from work and he stopped there on his way and said that it was dry and only ok. I was there 7 miutes after they opened so that might be the reason, its no excuse though, if you want to be considered good BBQ you have to provide quality food throughout the day. Still, it was really tender and juicy in the morning
1. Does anyone know if there's something in the works for an MGoDroid app? I see stuff for the iPhone and the kindle store but I haven't been able to find anything for the android platform. I'm a droid homer and this makes me sad.
2. I've been toying with the idea of downloading the SDK for android (mainly to play around with creating apps for my rooted nook) and developing an MGoBlog app would kind of be a fun little pet-project for me to start out with. What kind of demand would there be for something like this? Do we have many Android users out there?
I found this article today outlining the top 25 schools in four-year graduation rates. Somewhat unsurprisingly, U of M makes the top 10 public universities. Strangely absent are Michigan State or Ohio State.
- UM is ranked 8th, with 70% of incoming students graduating in four years
- The national average four year graduation rate is a lowly 27%
- Only 57% of students graduate in SIX years
Just thought I would share with you all yet another reason why U of M is a great place, and I hope this brightens your Sunday Morning (afternoon).
Anyone having anything good? I'm currently tasting most of the Bell's output plus I've had a bit of Crown Royal with Coke and grenadine. Anyone having anything decent? Or a ton of something indecent? Talk about whatever MGoDrinking you've done tonight here.
Awesome stories will be +1'd on sight.
So my friend just made this video. If you are a current student or recently graduated it should really appeal to you. Anyways, check it out.
Guess I don't know how to embed anymore so hopefully someone can help me out.
For Android users that want to view Mgoblog content on their Android phones, but are not a fan of using their phone browser (it can be a bummer), there is an app called "Pulse" (available in the Android market). It is a news reader, but seems to work very well for viewing information from this site and displays each "story" into a mosaic tile.
The main feed is displayed very cleanly and is properly sized (at least for my DroidX); the Board displays only the first posting, then a link to the website. Though clearly not perfect (some of the board content is not displayed chronologically), users might find it useful until the "real" Android app is developed and released by the MGO-Gods.
- Download Pulse from android market.
- When open, go into menu and search for "Mgoblog"; various mgo sources will come up, including TomVH's twitter feed.
- Add sources by pressing plus icon.
- Can be used as an App or on homescreen(s) as a widget.