The BTN crew drop in on Michigan today. With the submarine, this is about as much access as we'll have for a while. Looks like the practice will happen too late to make the nightly show tonight, so it'll air tomorrow, but we usually get some good info from the BTN team on twitter
Meaningless bit of offseason content from NFL.com but since they rank a Michigan player highly, the rules state we must like this:
Chesson ranked #4 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000684202/article/cfbmockdraft-drafting-top-10-wrs-in-college-football
Here's the final update.
I hadn't listened to the whole Michigan Insider podcast prior to my first post - If I would have, I would have included these in the previous post as there wasn't a lot more information to report. Instead of burying this in the previous thread, I thought I'd go ahead and still do a second thread.
Nothing on DB's or LB's seems to have leaked, but here are some updates on the OL/DL.
* OL looking good but not great - "Holding their own." I would see this more as a confirmation of the defense than a negative on the O-line. I mean... look at that 2-deep DL.
* Ben Bredeson - "Keep eyes out for him." Sounds like he's impressing early and should definitely be on the two-deep. Possible snaps for him this season as a 6th OL ala last year's Grant Newsome?
* Michael Onwenu playing snaps at DL AND OL. Testing the waters with him. Obviously yesterday the clip of him came out and confirmed that he was at least getting some looks at DL, but it sounds like he is still working with the OL as well.
* Rashan Gary - Early impressions are that he still needs to learn technique (*gasp*) and the playbook (*shock*), but.... his "physicality is AWESOME!" (exclamation/underline/bold required) - Unnamed source states that he is a "1st round draft pick in a few years." Apparently he's been a machine so far. Not quite the 99 NCAA rating, but perhaps a 97. I'm joking guys he's probably an 89.
* Taco Charlton "has been really really good." Another source... "Lights out." Frank Clark 2.0? We shall see!
And yeah... that's about it.
Sounds like we have the BTN guys to look forward to later today. Hope these updates were satisfactory. I was kind of surprised not to read much as of yet, so it was a fun listen even if we need to take everything with a grain of salt.
Here are links to the three segments where I obtained this information.
I've been looking around for a Peppers jersey, because it seems like the most comfortable apparel in which to watch us punch in faces next month. I just can't seem to find any legit vendors online from which to buy one. Where's the best place (in town or online) to get said jersey, and are there any Nike versions out yet?
Kasey Oliver is from Battle Creek, this is probably my favorite video I've seen in a long time. PJ Fleck is the only person who can hold a candle to the insane awesomeness of Jim Harbaugh.
Attempt #2. Exited my prior arrangement early to get this done the right way.
Been listening to the Michigan Insider this morning via the WTKA podcasts, and I thought I'd share some camp updates Ira was reporting (which I believe was through a Sam Webb report prior to him leaving for vacation this weekend).
These are offense only updates. I have not listened to the defense segments, so I may get around to posting that early afternoon unless someone else wants to do that for me beforehand. I AM ON THE CLOCK AFTERALL. Just care about you guys too much to let that prevent me from providing you essential information for our survival.
* QB position battle is still a 1-2 race between John O'Korn and Wilton Speight. Ira compared the battle to Colin Kaepernick vs Alex Smith in Harbaugh's first season with the 49ers - Alex Smith more as the game manager type that makes fewer mistakes while O'Korn being the more explosive player, which we all probably understand already. The connection just made more sense to me when he put it this way.
* Darboh and Chesson are right where they left off last season and continuing progress. Sounds like Darboh's spring progression has continued while Chesson seems to be back to normal Chesson pre-injury. The Chesson injury was my only real fear with the WR position, so this is good news.
* Grant Perry is continuing to progress at the slot position. Looks like it's his to lose. Drake Harris also getting snaps at slot, and it sounds like there's some positive things on his front as well.
* Chris Evans is turning heads with his athleticism/explosiveness. Playing both at the slot and RB. Doesn't necessarily mean he will get a lot of time, but his athleticism is on display and people are taking notice.
* Kekoa Crawford and Eddie McDoom also showing off their explsosiveness and are impressing.
* Ty Isaac is continuing his progression from the spring. De'Veon Smith is still the #1 RB, but it sounds like he's starting to hit some of those expectations that he received from being a 5* RB.
* KAREEM WALKER IS PRACTICING - This may deserve it's own board post since everyone was freaking out over this from the no-show on the photo.
* Zach Gentry sounds to be staying at TE for good. Still looking good and impressing, just needs to put on a little weight. I won't be surprised if we see him a decent amount this season.
* Devin Asiasi needs to lose a little weight, but he has been "turning heads" so far.
ONE FINAL NOTE. I haven't seen this mentioned, but Ira at the beginning of the show made a statement that Jim Harbaugh will be having a press conference today - Looks like he is emerging from the sub at least to entertain the media/fans a little. I expect him to re-submerge after the press conference.
I will take care of grammatical errors once posted since I teased too much already. Thank you for your patience. BUT SERIOUSLY YOU'RE WELCOME GEEZ YOU GUYS ARE NEWS HUNGRY.