TO THE HOT TAKE CANNON
Does anyone have either:
- A high-resolution photo of Michigan wearing helmet stickers, or one you can scan at high resolution (600 dpi)?
- A stickered helmet you/we could shoot?
Need for HTTV article.
• A one-year probation period from April 24, 2015 through April 23, 2016.
• A $5,000 fine
• A $3,500 fine representing $500 for each of the seven games in which a football student-athlete participated when he should have been withheld.
• A limit of 30 official visits per year during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• A reduction of coaches participating in off-campus evaluations by one (from 10 to nine in the fall and nine to eight in the spring) during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• A reduction in the number of evaluation days by 10 days in the fall and spring during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• The school and football program may not use the Orange Pride program, and may not organize another student group to assist in recruiting prospects for four years.
Last day of the EDSBS charity drive and when I last checked Michigan was in the lead, but had only 93 donors so far!
The minimum donation is only $10 and if half of the regulars here donated it would give Michigan an insurmountable lead and assure a shiny new tattoo for Spencer.
I'm sure if we raised enough we could insist on a giant Harbaugh crableg face instead!
Go for it & Go Blue!
Not quite sure how to tackle this topic, so here goes...
Amidst the flurry of optimism since Harbaugh has been hired, there are still those that are skeptical, have "given up", or simply don't believe in Michigan anymore.
Before we get too harsh with them and saying "don't want", or "#NeedLessBlueHairs", and "they must not have been a REAL Michigan fan", etc. etc. - I share the story of someone I met today.
I live in Toledo, Ohio on the Michigan border - already a hotbed of mouth-breathing, Bucknuts fans. I work in Findlay, Ohio - even closer to the cesspool that is Columbus and my interactions with Unsavory Unwashed "Urbanites" increases exponentially.
My Michigan screensaver (thanks Jonvalk!) is often commented on, and my Michigan lanyard is often the focus of ridicule and disparaging comments. Therefore, when a woman walked by my desk and said: "Oh a Michigan fan!", I thought for sure I would be in for it...
However, she proclaimed herself of being a Michigan fan - but one who has given up. She was a 30-year season ticket holder, who gave her season tickets up after last season.
To me, she seemed to be the product of the last 10 years...poor product on the field (minus the Sugar bowl year), DB missteps, significant cost increases and seat licenses, and even the human element....treatment of the players (a la Shane Morris).
I guess I bring this to this forum as I was taken aback at what a toll the last decade had taken on someone who'd been faithful to the program for decades.
When asked "is there anything that will bring you back to Michigan football?", she replied: "I don't know. Michigan just isn't the same to me anymore."
I guess if you yourself have been beaten and downtrodden...and skeptical of the program...but are again optimistic - I want to ask:
What brought YOU back?
TL;DR Version - why are YOU optimistic about UM football?