that makes one of us
Its Game week!!!
It's that time again. Wow. It's already that time again. That glorious time of year when Saturday afternoons bring bliss and heartache, elation and dismay, victory and defeat. It's time to cheer for the Champions of the West (ironically in the B1G East) and sing Hail To The Victors until our voice is gone. When do we play and to whom do we send defeat? All that and more are answered in the following wallpaper gluttony. In case you missed some of the earlier wallpapers I made in the off-season, I've included those. I hope you enjoy these as they are a labor of love for my MGoBrothers and MGoSisters. We may not always agree on everything (Is Art Deco cool? Is Hoke the man for the job?), but one thing we all can agree on is that we support our Wolverines and to hell with Ohio State.
Who is going to play, who is going to redshirt? Feel free to throw spears at it and disagree... or not.
My general thoughts below, assuming no new boo boos. Put a
random incredibly scientific % next to each name for potential to play. Surprisingly I only came up with 3 "for sures" and 5 "most likelies". Although I think it will be 6 with Ferns out on ST. Depth? Yes it's nice.
- Peppers (117%) - starter at nickel, potential displacement of a veteran at corner. The #Truth
- Canteen (100%) - don't think will match the hype machine currently generated but a decent freshman campaign with 15-17 catches. This would be a solid year - keep in mind Dileo had 16 catches and Chesson 15, and if Norfleet hype is true he is going to get some playing time.
- Cole (100%) - best case, LT starter. Worst case, first OT off the bench.
Hell, most likely.
- Mone (84%) - lots of camp hype. Has a lot of competition in his way but with coach speak and precedent seems like he will see the field.
- Watson (74%) - some talk of getting 1st team reps here and there. Incredible variability at S this year. Health of Hill, Clark moved from behind Wilson to aside him, any potential play out of Thomas. All of the above unproven. Probably the "5th" S right now right now which is one injury away from 2nd string. This position seems like the one of all on defense that someone could go from 3rd string to 1st in a few weeks.
- Ferns (50%) - Approximately the 8th LB. Top candidate for "why did we spend a redshirt year on him playing special teams?"
- Ways (36%) - Scrimmage hype but against some 3rd string types from all indications. Currently behind Funchess, Darboh, Chesson and most likely Jones. Would he or Dukes be next man up?
Break in case of emergency.
- Bunting (33%) - currently 3rd TE until Butt gets back. Assuming Butt is back by game 4ish, we can survive with AJ Williams/Heitzman for 2 baby seals and ND. If OL is a major issue and 2 TE sets become norm early could shoot up probability.
- Harris (9%) - Hamstrung for 2014. Folks, I'll be here all week. Multiple WR injuries necessary to even think of it late in year as missed time in spring and fall.
- Speight (7%) - If there is an injury, would be 3rd string. A lot of very bad things would need to happen to see the field.
- Bushell-Beatty (0%) - see you in 3 years when you try to get your chance after dominant 2015/2016 OL players graduate.
- Furbush (0%) - was supposed to be bulky oversized LB with potential to be DE in 2 years, instead was a scrawny S body who needs to bulk up to play LB. Call us in 2016.
- Marshall (6%) - only due to lack of depth at DE. Currently is "6th DE". If injuries mount could still push a Wormley out from DT to DE instead of Marshall. Have heard no camp hype.
- Pallante (0%) - see you in 3 years.
- Wangler (0%) - see you in 2 years.
- Winovich (0%) - literally have not heard one word about him in past 3 months.
Since the OT season is winding down, what are some of the worst sporting venues you've been to or know of?
Obviously ones in Columbus and other B1G cities will be mentioned. This is more specifically for ones outside those awful places.
Joe Louis Arena is turrible. Every seat I sit in, something is wrong with it. Sat down by the glass at the 2013 CCHA Playoff Semifinals and the chair I was in was essentially a rocking chair.
I've seen some amazing Michigan Hockey moments there, but gosh damn that place is just a dump. I have a feeling the B1G selected a rotating tournament that includes Detroit because of the new arena coming.