"It's a lot easier being a drug dealer than an AAU coach" - this guy. Tell me something I don't know. I mean, don't think but have never tried either.
Since the Hawaii AD is having grave concerns about the fate of their football program, let's just say they do have to drop football.
That would leave Michigan with a short amount of time for a replacement game.
Here is the current schedule for 2016
|10/15||vs Penn State*|
|10/22||vs Illinois (HC)^|
|10/29||at Michigan State*|
|12/3||B1G Championship Game#|
I used FB schedules.com to and went through all FBS school's schedules in 2016 to look for openings on 9/3. I eliminated teams Michigan has scheduled future games with, teams they will play in 2014-2015 and teams who have a TBA date with an opponent already lined up in 2016, assuming that it will be their opener.
Teams followed by Michigan's record against them
- Appalachian State
- California (6-2)
- Connecticut (2-0)
- Florida State (1-1)
- Georgia (1-1)
- Georgia State (Never played them; new team to FBS)
- Kentucky (1-0)
- Louisville (Never played)
- Marshall (Never played)
- Mississippi (1-0)
- Missouri (2-2)
- New Mexico (Never played)
- Ohio University (Never played)
- Old Dominion (Never played)
- San Diego State (2-0)
- Southern Mississippi (Never played)
- Syracuse (6-5-1)
- Troy (Never played)
- UAB (Never played)
- Utah State (Never played)
- UTSA (Never played; started playing football in 2012)
- Vanderbilt (10-0-1)
There are also two other possibilities. Swap the bye week, which I don't see happening. Or, schedule an FCS team.
I recall last time the line they trotted out was 'I don't have many facts to share'
Are the four players practicing today? Will they be practicing while the investigation is ongoing?
I haven't seen this posted yet but thought it was an interesting option for M multi-sports fans. MGoblue.com is offering a "Home Opener Pack" which consists of tickets to M's first home football, basketball, and hockey games for $75. I'm not much of a basketball or hockey fan, otherwise this seems like a pretty good deal. Link.
Well, I had better get this in since the OT stuff comes to a close at the end of the week. We are setting up a tailgate for the ND game. I have attached a parking map. We are going to be at White Field. They open at 8 am for the night game. We will have tents, music, bar, stereo system, cornhole tourney etc. If you want to join a group of die hard Michigan Alums and fans you are welcome. Granted the music is pretty loud and we do drink. Nobody gets crazy though. Just a lot of football and tailgating. We will likely meet up at local gas station and carrivan in and you can also meet up at White Field. Here's an email for those that are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org). http://ndsp.nd.edu/assets/138045/parking_map.pdf
With reports [Edit: SUGGESTING] that Braxton Miller [MAY] not be in uniform for The Game this season, or possibly any of Ohio State's other games, for that matter, and with backup QB extraordinaire Kenny Guiton having graduated, many mgousers are asking, "who's the backup?" The answer, most likely, is redshirt freshman JT Barrett, a 4-start athlete recruit from Texas coming off a 2012 ACL tear. Here are a few resources on Barrett:
1) Columbus Dispatch blog post from this morning, in which an OSU assistant does a Fred Jackson routine on Barret's skill set and then says, "you don't need a howitzer to succeed in college." Also, Barrett "is the kind of kid who befriends cafeteria workers and special-needs students," which sadly seems to make him unique among his teammates.
2) JT Barret's Rivals profile, which has a bunch of dumb football stuff and a photo of him not even smiling. Come on, JT, you 'spose to be a quarterback!
3) Eleven Warriors article, which has an embedded clip of Barret's junior year high school highlights, a bunch of coach quotes, and a really big color photo.
It is also not outside the realm of possibility that OSU's backup will instead be Cardale "I ain't come to play school" Jones. But all you really need from him is his Twitter handle: @cardalejones