to play football, not to play trumpet
Have a drink and peruse at your pleasure...in no particular order...
Until he finds out harbaugh gave his scholarship to someone else and wants him to walk on.
I'm starting to hate Harbaugh more than Urban Meyer
Franklin continues to be spanked by Harbaugh. Franklin’s ego……..trending down.
This is all a "Harbaugh" fad going on right now. My bet is that this wears off by next season.
damn, did UM Win the Super Bowl? You'd fucking think so on every outlet today. Even BTN's social media can't shut up about Harbaugh
Gee, I hope none of the paycheck for Gary's former high school coach ended up in Gary's pocket.
Michigan spring practices are gonna be held at IMG Academy. I dont even get how thats allowed. That school is LOADED in talent
Who has two thumbs and just signed a top 5 recruiting class? This guy:
Maybe the rest of you are smoking a cigarette or are asleep after today, but there are a few things I found interesting.
1. California has 45 four starts (247 composite). Michigan got 3 of them (all in top 20). Notre Dame got 1. How's the CA scheduling working out for them?
2. Normally, I think of the state of Ohio as having two four starts to every one in Michigan, but this time it was only 12-9. OSU obviously did well, but they could have done better had ND not signed the #1 and # 4 recruits in that state.
3. Illinois is about the same as the state of Michigan in terms of 4 starts on average, but it only had 6 this year to Michigan's 9. For whaever reason, Sparty leaned up there.
4. In the B1G footprint west of Michigan/Ohio exluding Illinois, there were 9 four stars. U of M got three of them, Nebraska 2, OSU and MIN 1 each.
5. The state of Virginia had 6 four stars. UVA and VTech got none. Instead, Marshall, Duke and Stanford each picked up 1. Two went to FSU; OSU got one.
6. Pitt did well in Ohio with some low 4 stars/high 3 stars. Narduzzi might be muscling in on some of Dantonio's territory?
Jay Hopson, former UM LB coach under Rich Rodriguez in 2008-2009, has been hired to be the Head Coach at Southern Miss.
He left his Head Coach position at Alcorn State. Prior to his arrival, Alcorn State in 2011 was 2-8. Under Hopson they went 4-7, 9-3, 10-3, 9-4. In 2014 and 2015 they won their conference division and SWAC Championship game. They were named the Black College National Champions in 2014. He is the first white head football coach in the SWAC, a conference of historically black colleges and univesitities.
His time at Michigan was brief, during a period of our history about which many have mixed feelings. His success at Alcorn State shows that Rodriguez did have a few good assistant coaches (i.e. Glen Frey, current Indiana OL coach/co-OC, and Scott Shafer, current Durkin hired DC at Maryland).
(of note, Nussmeier was also reportedly considered to take the HC job)
Available as a download in the store for 4.99 for now,
Surprised no one has posted any of these. A few very interesting quotables from Hackett:
Jim Hackett says Michigan is "working on a schedule change for football" that he thinks fans will really like.— Alejandro Zúñiga (@ByAZuniga) February 3, 2016
I asked if the football schedule change involved renewing a rivalry, and Jim Hackett smiled and said he couldn't comment any further.— Alejandro Zúñiga (@ByAZuniga) February 4, 2016
Lastly, I have to imagine this is a shot at Clemson. Perhaps Ole Miss as well. Can't say it would be entirely out of character for either...
Hackett said he thinks Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" during his recruitment & is pleased he chose the right path–a Michigan education— Alejandro Zúñiga (@ByAZuniga) February 4, 2016