"What (Michigan coaches) told me is that they're focusing on point guards right now, but if anything opens up, they'll definitely come back on and recruit me as hard as they were," said Towns
MSU at 2 pm and Wisconsin at 4 pm on BTN
With the recent announcement of night games being added on the road and home night games being rejected for 2015, I figure I'd take another list from my SuperGuide and put up in a Diary.
The history of Michigan Football night games:
|9/23/1944||at Marquette||W 14-0|
|9/23/1972||at #6 UCLA||W 26-9|
|1/1/1976||#3 Oklahoma||L 6-14||Orange Bowl|
|12/28/1979||North Carolina||L 15-17||Gator Bowl|
|12/31/1981||#19 UCLA||W 33-14||Bluebonnet Bowl|
|9/18/1982||at #20 Notre Dame||L 17-23|
|11/12/1983||at Minnesota||W 58-10|
|1/2/1984||#3 Auburn||L 7-9||Sugar Bowl|
|12/28/1984||#1 BYU||L 17-24||Holiday Bowl|
|11/16/1985||at Minnesota||W 48-7|
|10/4/1986||at Wisconsin||W 34-17|
|11/7/1987||at Minnesota||W 30-20|
|9/10/1988||at #13 Notre Dame||L 17-19|
|9/15/1990||at #1 Notre Dame||L 24-28|
|10/25/1991||at Minnesota||W 52-6|
|12/30/1994||#10 Colorado State||W 24-14||Holiday Bowl|
|9/16/1995||at Boston College||W 23-13|
|12/28/1995||#19 Texas A&M||L 20-22||Alamo Bowl|
|10/26/1996||at Minnesota||W 44-10|
|10/17/1998||at Northwestern||W 12-6|
|9/18/1999||at Syracuse||W 18-13|
|1/1/2000||#5 Alabama||W 35-34 OT||Orange Bowl|
|11/9/2002||at Minnesota||W 41-24|
|10/10/2003||at #17 Minnesota||W 38-35|
|10/2/2005||at #21 Northwestern||W 33-17|
|12/28/2005||Nebraska||L 28-32||Alamo Bowl|
|9/29/2006||at Minnesota||W 28-14|
|10/14/2006||at Penn State||W 17-10|
|10/20/2007||at Illinois||W 27-17|
|10/10/2009||at #12 Iowa||L 28-30|
|10/30/2010||at Penn State||L 31-41|
|9/10/2011||vs Notre Dame||W 35-31||Under The Lights|
|1/3/2012||#17 Virginia Tech||W 23-20 OT||Sugar Bowl|
|9/1/2012||#2 Alabama||L 14-41||Cowboys Classic|
|9/22/2012||at #11 Notre Dame||L 6-13|
|10/27/2012||at Nebraska||L 9-23|
|9/7/2013||vs #14 Notre Dame||W 41-30||Under The Lights II|
|9/21/2013||at Connecticut||W 24-21|
|12/28/2013||Kansas State||L 14-31||Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl|
|9/6/2014||at #16 Notre Dame||L 0-31|
|10/4/2014||at Rutgers||L 24-26|
|10/11/2014||vs Penn State||W 18-13||Under The Lights III|
Michigan is 25-17 all-time in night games.
- 18-9 in road night games
- 4-8 in neutral site night games
- 3-0 in home night games
Michigan's most common night game opponent is Minnesota. This obviously due to the now-demolished Metrodome. In fact, all but 4 of 13 meetings between the two at the Metrodome were NOT played at night. (sidenote: Michigan never lost once in the Metrodome. 13-0 against the Gophers in that building).
The 1991 and 2003 Michigan-Minnesota games were played on Friday nights due to a Metrodome scheduling conflict with the Minnesota Twins who were in the MLB Playoffs in those years.
Those two Friday night games against Minnesota are Michigan's only two non-Saturday regular season games in the last 98 years. Michigan opens the season on a Thursday night at Utah in their first Thursday regular season game in 110 years.
Here are a few pieces from Michigan's first-ever night game regardless of site, back in 1944 at Marquette when they still fielded a team (via MVictors)
This is version 2.0 of a monthly segment I will do of UM offers that are (as a floor) receiving "modest" interest, utilizing 247's "warm interest" gauge.
V1.0 (March 26th) was here and had all the caveats which one should read before complaining about anything from this methodology. (i.e. yes we know it's not perfect). This is just a way to organize the overwhelming amount of offers (eventually headed to 200ish) down to a manageable level (40ish).
Aquaman was kind enough to comment on the last thread so I'll copy/paste that here:
The "temps" are usually set by how our analysts agree on where a certain prospect is leaning, but if a prospect reaches out and wants his page a certain way, we always go with their wishes.
Good example is Jeffrey McCulloch (http://247sports.com/Player/Jeffrey-McCulloch-47648). Michigan is in his top group with Texas, Bama, LSU and probably A&M among others, but he wanted his page to reflect that he's even with everyone, even though we know they're not.
It's about as good a basic gauge as you'll get on a prospect's interest. We try to avoid situations where it appears the interest is being embellished. In fact, I'd probably move Curtis Robinson and Isaiah Chambers among others to "cool" at this point.
The one group this methodology misses are those committed elsewhere who are strongly considering UM - so for that I am just going by common knowledge. I've only put Desmond Fitzpatrick of Louisville in that camp. And Lavert Hill due to recent buzz. If there are any others, just make a comment and I'll adjust.
Also it doesn't account for a position filling - i.e. multiple RBs are still "warm" interest for UM even if that position seems full. I'll continue to include just in case.
The last update had Peters and Falcon bolded as UM favorites, but Reese and David were out of the blue commits not on the chart. If Harbaugh continues the 3 star mafia other future commits will show up on not on this chart.
Changes since V1.0:
- 4 commits - QB Brandon Peters, FB/LB David Reese, RB Kingston David, RB Matthew Falcon
- New Michigan "leaders" in ballz since V1.0 - RB Toks Akinribade, WR Korey Banks, WR Donald Stewart, OG Terrance Davis, CB Lavert Hill
- New warm interest (Offense) - RB Toks Akinribade, WR Korey Banks, WR Donald Stewart, OT Devery Hamilton, OG Josh Sills
- New warm interest (Defense) - LB LaMar Winston, ATH Devin White
- Added K Quinn Nordin
- No longer warm - OT EJ Price (GA commit), OT Jack Wohlabaugh (OSU commit), DE Isiah Chambers, LB Curtis Robinson (Stanford commit)
OFFENSE (20 players, 7 UM is a "leader")
|Pos||Name||State||Starz||Ntl Rnk||Pos Rnk||Leader||# Pred|
|RB||Robert Washington||NC||4||239||12||Syracuse 48% / OSU 17%||23|
|RB||Toks Akinribade||IN||3||798||62||Michigan 75% / Indiana 25%||4|
|WR||Dylan Crawford||CA||4||70||8||USC 62% / ASU 25%||8|
|WR||Ahmir Mitchell||NJ||4||79||5||OSU 60% / Rutgers 40%||5|
|WR||Donnie Corley||MI||4||105||14||MSU 44% / ND 33%||15|
|WR||Brad Hawkins||NJ||4||142||25||South Car 75%||12|
|WR||Tre Nixon||FL||4||231||43||NS 75% / Duke 25%||4|
|WR||Korey Banks||GA||3||846||82||UM 100%||4|
|WR||Donald Stewart||NJ||3||963||135||UM 100%||5|
|WR||Desmond Fitzpatrick||MI||3||334||58||UM 79% - Louisville commit||29|
|TE||Devin Asiasi||CA||4||47||2||USC 100%||3|
|TE||Naseir Upshur||PA||4||137||4||Miami 38%||8|
|OT||Ben Bredeson||WI||5||27||4||Wisc 86% / UM 14%||22|
|OT||Michael Jordan||MI||4||156||16||UM 75% / OSU 12%||8|
|OT||Devery Hamilton||MD||4||235||25||Maryland 67% / Stanford 33%||3|
|OT||Alex Akingbulu||CA||3||399||40||UCLA 100%||1|
|OG||Terrance Davis||MD||4||88||2||UM 60% / Maryland 40%||10|
|OG||Michael Onwenu||MI||4||211||9||UM 67% / OSU 33%||9|
DEFENSE (21 players, 3 UM is a "leader")
|Pos||Name||State||Starz||Ntl Rnk||Pos Rnk||Leader||# Pred|
|DE||Xavier Kelly||KS||4||181||11||Nebraska 67% / UM 33%||3|
|DE||Erick Fowler||TX||4||77||6||Texas 100%||8|
|DE||Bryson Young||CA||4||291||20||USC 100%||2|
|DE||Connor Murphy||AZ||3||362||23||UM 67% / ASU 33%||3|
|DE||Josh King||IL||4||73||6||OSU 36% / Cloud y 21%||14|
|DE||Khalid Kareem||MI||4||184||13||Bama 50% / MSU 25%||4|
|DT||Rashan Gary||NJ||5||1||1||Alabama 56% / UM 30%||27|
|DT||Chris Daniels||TX||4||115||14||TCU 67% , Texas A&M 22%||9|
|LB||Dontavious Jackson||TX||4||123||4||Texas 50%||12|
|LB||Jaquan Yulee||VA||4||153||6||North Carolina 83%||6|
|LB||Caleb Kelly||CA||5||19||3||Oklahoma 100%||15|
|LB||Devin Bush Jr||FL||4||216||8||FSU 100%||17|
|LB||Camilo Eifler||CA||4||264||19||Washington 100%||2|
|LB||Jonathan Jones||FL||4||332||24||UM 75% / LSU 12%||8|
|LB||LaMar Winston||OR||4||230||16||80% Oregon / 20% UW||5|
|CB||David Long||CA||4||152||13||Washington 50% / USC 33%||6|
|CB||Lavert Hill||MI||4||221||22||UM 81% - PSU commit||15|
|S||C.J. Pollard||CA||4||251||10||100% USC||9|
|S||Andrew Pryts||PA||3||375||19||100% Penn State||11|
|ATH||Devin White||LA||4||85||7||83% LSU||18|
|K||Quinn Nordin||MI||3||1100||1||100% UM||11|
*Bolded dudes who UM is a crystall ballz leader
I have the crystal ballz leader and # of predictions on the far right of the table. The # of predictions is helpful as a 75%/25% split among 4 people is not as useful as that same split among 20 people.
- I am perplexed at the lack of interest by TEs in a Jim Harbaugh offense
- We seem to have some offers out to low rated WRs who are very interested but not doing as well higher on the board. Stewart goes to same school as Peppers, Gary so that could be a "friends" deal but overall surprised at lack of high end WR interest.
- Tons of work to do on the defensive side of the ball - very few guys are seriously interested. (Durkin where are you my man?)
- Guys who really shot up in the rankings in the past month - TE Devin Asiasi, OG Terrance Davis, DE Xavier Kelly, DE Bryson Young, DT Chris Daniels, CB David Long, S Andrew Pryts.
- LB Camilo Eifler and CB Lamar Jackson (300 spots!?) fell the most.
Does anyone have either:
- A high-resolution photo of Michigan wearing helmet stickers, or one you can scan at high resolution (600 dpi)?
- A stickered helmet you/we could shoot?
Need for HTTV article.
• A one-year probation period from April 24, 2015 through April 23, 2016.
• A $5,000 fine
• A $3,500 fine representing $500 for each of the seven games in which a football student-athlete participated when he should have been withheld.
• A limit of 30 official visits per year during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• A reduction of coaches participating in off-campus evaluations by one (from 10 to nine in the fall and nine to eight in the spring) during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• A reduction in the number of evaluation days by 10 days in the fall and spring during the 2015-16 and 2015-16 years (self-imposed by the university).
• The school and football program may not use the Orange Pride program, and may not organize another student group to assist in recruiting prospects for four years.