He is the Quarterback Whisperer, after all.
And the Big Ten's streak of consecutive drafts without a quarterback taken in first round extended to 21.
The last? Kerry Collins in 1995 following PSU's undefeated 1994 season. (5th pick overall taken by the Carolina Panthers.)
BBC roundtable discussion on the U Texas campus that touches on race, money, gender and health issues related to Big Time sports in the U.S.
First, I was really surprised to hear this when I turned on the BBC this morning. For the BBC to take interests in the inequities of U.S. College sports is saying something.
Second, its thought provoking. I personally, find myself often feeling uncomfortable with the socio-economics of Men's CFB and BB.
Definitely Worth a listen.
The discussion on the panoramic big house photo listed some observations of things that you no longer see at home games. (Fans wearing white, location of the marching band, grass turf, etc.) This made me think of other things, the majority of which are no longer allowed.
1. Flags and flagpoles inside the Big House:
2. Male cheerleaders doing backflips on to the field after scores for every point UM had on the scoreboard. (Makes sense they had to stop doing this once the field was lowered in 1991. They'd kill themselves trying that today.)
3. Toilet paper explosion after touchdowns:
4. Marshmallows in the end zone:
5. Students drinking beer in the stands:
6. Packed student section for pregame regardless of opponent. I really hope we get back to this: