Updates from Wednesday's edition - 1 gain (Eubanks), 1 loss (Elliott). This wash leaves UM with 26 commits. Current estimate is 31 commits and 30 scholarships (1 grayshirt, either a guy who commits flying out of planes or a guy from the deep south).
So 5 clear open spots left, assuming 1 grayshirt.
Then we have our 3 in flux commits:
Johnson was thought headed to Notre Dame but something went awry on his visit. So you'd think UM. But all those crystal ballz that went to ND the past 2 weeks have not suddenly jumped back to UM at this point. They've jumped nowhere; ballz in flux. Some rumors UM won't pursue; but just rumors. Summary: confusion.
Academics (2?) - long held rumor Dytarious J won't make it in class, some hold out hope. Recent rumblings Brad Hawkins will have issues academically so listing him at least as an "at risk'.
Therefore it is difficult to tell how many openings there really are. If the above 3 are all in class, you have 5 spots.
Seemingly in the class (3 guys) - takes scholarships eaten from 25 to 28.
|28||Quinn Nordin||USC / UM|
- Maybe Stewart was an offset to Nate Johnson although Stewart is an "outside guy" while Johnson is a "slot". Maybe they are independent of each other.
- Powers that be indicate 1 grayshirt at this time not 2 so either its Nordin taking up a scholarship or a current commit taking up a scholarship - doesn't matter which one for accounting purposes.
- Removed Chase Allen for obvious reasons as Eubanks takes his spot.
At this point you have 2 clearly open spots. And "up to 5" based on what happens to the 3 guys in flux.
|1||Lavert Hill||MSU / UM|
|2||Connor Murphy||Left Coast v UM|
|3||Isaiah Simmons||Clem / Neb / UM|
|4||Victor Viramontes||Cal / Utah / UM / AZ|
|5||Jacob Mathis||Ole Miss / SEC|
|6||Devin Asiasi||Left Coast v UM|
|7||Boss Tagaloa||Left Coast v UM|
- I've removed Pie and Jonathon Jones entirely as its Louisville and ND unless we hear otherwise.
- Momentum for Hill seems to be re-strengthening.
- Murphy's mom wanted him to commit on the spot on official. #HokeThreat and USC threaten.
- Fuller announces Monday - despite some general optimism no one wants to move their ballz to Michigan so assuming OSU unless a big swing this weekend.
- Viramontes overnighting with RichRod - that offense seems suited to him as a QB. Drevno visited this week.
- Probably time to take Mathis out of prospest list - Ole Miss visit this weekend but I guess if Asiasi is not in we have a spot if we have him as a value pick at TE.
- Simmons - can't tell where we stand or if room.
- West coast!!! guys are a big catalyst for other spots.
If you get Hill and Murphy you are technically full if the "3 in flux" all stay in class and Gary Nordin and Stewart are in.
If Asiasi and Who's the Boss both want in you tell Nate Johnson or Donald Stewart no more room - opens 1 spot. Or tell both no - would open 2 spots. Or if 1-2 guys academically do not qualify those spots can be given to CA duo.
If the CA duo don't want in, then guys like Simmons Viramontes and Mathis (maybe? maybe not?) are weighed vs the Johnsons, academic guys etc.
So, I have an extra pair of tickets to the Signing of the Stars event on Wednesday. They're free to a good home...but there's a catch.
In order to win them, you will need to come up with the best name for Brian Cook's new offspring. Though we as an Internet fanbase may not have naming rights, let's pretend we do. Because, let's be honest, there are some fabulously hilarious minds here. Make it great!
- Your entry must be in this thread, submitted by 12pm TODAY (Friday 1/29)
- You must be able to attend the SOTS on Wednesday. Don't let them go to waste!
- Your entry must be awesome.
- Winner will be announced in the thread today at 2pm.
- You must be able to meet me in A2 TODAY (around 5-530) to retrieve the tickets.
- I will work out the logistics with the winning party after 2pm.
Good luck and happy naming!
EDIT: Winner has been chosen! It's u/CollegeFootball13 for his entry of Ufer Fielding Robinson Cook...UFR for short. Email me at fabfiver5 [at] gmail to score your tickets, or a runner-up will be chosen.
Fun little spat on twitter last night that began when David Long was talking about routes Braxton Miller ran in the Senior Bowl practices. Lewis chimed in on what OSU runs in an actual game. Thomas took affront. Lewis went off. Stuff got deleted quickly. Power of internet kept some of it alive despite being deleted.
Funny to see Lewis go off on Thomas in video - his public face is so calm and collected.
Also - we really need to begin winning this game again damnit.
Orchard Lake St. Mary 's 2016 Safety Tyler Cochran has accepted a preferred walk-on at the University of Michigan.
It's a shame.
EDIT: The link lists potential transfer options. I don't want to steal the whole article, so I'm not posting them here.