fair point that
after a long hiatus, got a chance to put one of these together this week. long story short is that my boss sits a couple desks behind me know, so its been a little complicated logistically...
in past years, when enthusiasm is down, so is interest in this feature, based on scribd's data. i think enthusaism is up a bit this year... let me know if there are any things that need to be changed, might have a chance to get to it this week.
hoping to be a little more on top of this for the next games and next season, so if you have any suggestions about other information to include, i can see what i can do.
For those who follow recruiting but haven't listened to the front page replay here is a summary of comments ahead of a big recruiting weekend.
First most imporant - UM has confirmed to Lorenz 27 is the size of the class. Subtraction and addition will get UM there. (Most of us expected 28).
EDIT 4 PM - Lorenz and Ace just put in crystal ballz for Elliott to UM.
- If it was today it would be GA or TN. Delaying to NSD only helps Michigan which is a dark horse. Peppers utilization is a draw - not quite the player Peppers is but not too far away.
- Long time leader with UM. Went to dinner with Drevno and entire family incl Drevno mom. Loves UM. With 2 guards already in class, UM would prefer another tackle aka Jean Delance. If UM gave green light to Davis Lorenz think he would commit but trying for Delance for now. (Delance rescheduled this weekend's official due to his team advancing in playoffs). Bottom line: If UM wants him, he is coming. Of course risk is slow ball and get neither at end.
Dontavious Jackson + Chris Brown (HS teammates)
- Both had come up here for a 4 day unofficial in spring. Brown not as highly rated but UM likes his game - could play CB or S. With Brown it's UM or Texas.
- Jackson's recruitment is more national of a battle but Texas vs Michigan might be the battle here too. Texas struggles have helped UM with these 2 kids as well as others.
Pie Young, Velus Jones, Dylan Crawford
- Lorenz expects wr recruiting to play out over time as UM wants Crawford. (Oregon heavy in mix as Crawford's "dream offer") Pie Young would commit if green lighted. Still a tiny chance for Corley but most think MSU. (announces Dec 8th). McDoom is sort of a backup plan and is basically a Kentucky guy at this point. All indications are Velus Jones won't sign with USC.
- If they feel Crawford is not coming, Pie Young would appear to be the guy but that was my take because Lorenz didnt talk much about McDoom or Jones other than their status with other teams.
- Crawford is the domino.
[Edit - per jack daniels below "Sam Webb thinks McDoom is at the top of Michigan's board with Crawford, but that they won't wait on those two if it meant turning away Young or Jones."]
- Hill has been to UM 5x this season, hasnt been to PSU once (?). "A matter of time...but how much time?" when he picks Michigan. Lots of head scratching my analysts why it hasn't happened yet. No idea when.
- A flip is "very possible". Not expecting it this weekend. Lorenz is close to flipping him in crystal ball to UM. Reuben Jones has been in his ear constantly about how great atmosphere up here.
- Terrance Davis teammate Anthony McFarland is an elite elite elite (did I mention elite?) 5 star running back who will be here this weekend; Georgia leads but obviously one UM wants. This guy would be the "missing piece" for UM - crazy speed AND vision.
- DT Fred Hansard continues the pipeline of great DTs out of NJ; Lorenz says NJ has 5 legit DTs in 2017 (4 stars). Pretty wide open - PSU, OSU, UCLA... UM in mix.
- LB Drew Singleton - Paramus Catholic pipeline, top 150 LB - UM has a "significant" lead.
- CB Ambry Thomas out of King. Most "Jourdan Lewis" type player Lorenz has seen of late - Lorenz loves this kid. UM in "decent shape" because OSU has already taken 4 2017 DBs. MSU heavy in mix.
- Peters, Bredeson, Mitchell are your 3 main "recruiters" in this class to fellow 2016ers.
Jordan Elliott, Bush Jr, Delance will now be here Dec 11th for official due to playoff games for their HS. Slight disappointment for staff as obviously being in this environment would be great. as staff wants these 32.
- UM's top 3 DL targets are: Gary, Camp, Elliott.
- Expects a committment this weekend but just saying that because so many players out there who like UM will be here. He has no inside info with any names - just a probability thing.
Kingston Davis talk
- Lorenz still thinks he ends up at UM. Michigan loves him much more than scouting services and wants him bad. He is a Harbaugh type back through and through.
Decided to upload the Hate Week wallpaper I made. Hopefully some will enjoy.
Direct link: http://i66.tinypic.com/n65ac8.jpg
Tell us who you think will win The Game . Give final scores if you want to . Also give us any predictions for this weekend and beyond . Dont just guess . Dont say what you want to happen . Give us your best predictions of what you have a strong feeling will happen . Be general or be specific.
This is what I foresee happening .
Michigan beats OSU .
PSU beats Michigan State
Iowa loses to Nebraska.
Stanford beats Notre Dame
There is a story line hanging out there that's a sports writer's dream:
Jake Rudock and Michigan vs. Iowa in the B1G Championship game.
How sweet would it be for Jake to get to play against his former team for the championship and perhaps spoil their undefeated season? I believe the universe wants this to happen. Revenge is a dish best served cold and this could be the sweetest revenge for Jake. May the energies of the universe bring together the confluence required to make this happen. [I will make no reference to trinities with > 3 elements]
Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge
I for one am glad about this duo calling The Game Saturday.