good luck with that
The one-hour show was on at 2:00 PM today and will repeat at 9:00 tonight.
An interview with Jim Harbaugh lasted not much more than a nanosecond.
Interestingly, the commentators, including Matt Leinart and Dave Wannstedt and others, predicted that Michigan would win 8 or 9 games this year.
They focused on the quality talent that was not well-coached in the past couple of years that should break out under the current coaching staff.
EDIT: Perhaps I am drinking too much of the cool-aid, but I tend to agree with that analysis and have a hard time understanding those who predict a 6- or 7-win season. We have too much talent and now great coaching to lose 5 or 6 games this year.
MGoBlue has a great article looking back at the Mealer/Barwis saga 5 years after Brock's famous 1% walk. I can't believe it's been 5 years, but I can certainly remember my emotions that day in the stadium being on full display. Some powerful motivation to be found in the article, including:
Barwis first met Mealer in February 2008, when he joined several Wolverine coaches who were visiting him at University of Michigan Hospital and found him prone in a bed, paralyzed from the waist down and "just busted up in every way," said Barwis. He looked Brock in the eye with a startling challenge.
"Mike cut to the chase," said Brock. "He said, 'So, when are you going to come work with us so we can get you up and out of that wheelchair?' Now, that's a hell of a thing to say to somebody who was told what I had been told, that I wouldn't walk again.
With the season only 3 days away the 1993 season is uploaded and ill try to finish the 1994 season by tomorrow. Ill start uploading more episodes probably after the season ends early 2016. Until then Enjoy!! BEAT UTAH!!
While I was snooping around MGoBlue, I saw that the individual home game promotions have been announced. Here is the list for the home opener vs. Oregon State:
• Michigan Athletics 150th Anniversary Celebration -- Join Michigan Football as we celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Michigan Athletics.
• Flyover -- Two AT-38s from the 435th Fighter Training Squadron of the United States Air Force will conduct the flyover at the conclusion of the national anthem. Two of the pilots -- Lt. Col. Jason "Ugly" Earley and Lt. Col. Michael "Vito" Ferrario -- are 1996 U-M College of Engineering graduates.
• Halftime -- The Michigan Marching Band's show "This Michigan of Ours" will celebrate 150 years of Michigan Athletics. Prior to the Marching Band performance, the Special Operations Command Para-Commandos will jump into the stadium (pictured).
• John Beilein -- Men's Basketball Head Coach, John Beilein will be presented the 2013-14 Bob Frederick Sportsmanship Award. This honor recognizes his demonstrated history of sportsmanship while leading the Wolverines.
• Baseball -- Michigan Baseball will also be recognized for winning the 2015 Big Ten Tournament championship.
• Giveaway -- 60,000 Maize Poms
• Student Giveaway -- 15,000 "150th Anniversary" Pennants
Of note for the rest of the saeson, BLUE pom poms will be given away at the UNLV game, Michigan State has been declared as the "Maize Out" game, and the Retired Jersey Ceremony will take place during the Ohio State game. Full List: http://www.mgoblue.com/promotions/fbl-gameday.html