further adventures in Jed York being unsuited for his position
5* LB Caleb Kelly to take an unofficial visit March 13th. He is 100% crystal ball'd to Oklahoma, but they have a serious lack of Harbaugh. Like they don't even have one Harbaugh.
This per Steve Lorenz twitter per Steve Wiltfong twitter, the latter of which also says California 4* QB KJ Costello may visit Michigan this week. Very high on USC, Stanford, and Michigan. An ominous "decision could come at any time" is included. Though he's visited Ann Arbor before, so he could in fact be leaning to Michigan. Perhaps visit Michigan + decision at any time means good things?
Turns out it has only been turned up to "boilerplate" volume at this point... Soon gif.
****EDIT- I have removed the name at the orignal posters request. His son is a highly rated recruit and requested his name not be associated with this. ANYONE that has the orignal OP name in his post please edit and remove his name. He is fine with the post being up just doesn't want to turn off any other schools that are looking at his son.****
Quick summary of my thoughts on practice:
Team looks completely different. It's a confident swag about them. Like ... They know they are working really hard and they KNOW they will be successful. The other school that gives you that feeling / vibe is Bama. This practice had the same structure and discipline but it was more "engaging" (if that makes sense).
1. Tempo of practice and the philosophy. Very different from last year. 2 sets of scrimmages per field. A play is being ran an avg of 25 to 35 secs. If they went two groups, they would alternate but each group ran a play every 25secs. So ... Coaches saw 2 plays every 30 secs. Ton of reps. Very different from last year. Coaches are coaching very quick between plays. Emphasis on getting the reps in during practice and correcting mistakes in film. Practice was very similar to how Saban runs his practices.
2. There really is competition at EVERYTHING. I saw several of these "competitions." A couple examples ... QBs did a "fastest release/ball speed" comp. On command, they had to throw a bullet pass 20yds. Malzone looked good. Several races took place today as well but most know about those.
3. Malzone really looks good. Some on the staff appear to rally around him. Smith probably looked the best running. Green had some great runs but also hit a couple snags. Bunting will get down this year. Ways looked good too. Defense really gave the offense fits all day tho.
4. Defense looked very good. Secondary is kinda sick to be honest. Countess and Lewis? Whew. And Peppers is a bundle of Joy to watch. He's 110% all the time. Up front ... I like Taco a lot. At the Buck LB spot, Ojemedia and Marshall looked good. This is Marshalls first time standing. I think he will be a player. The scheme from the new front will wreak havoc.
5. Harbaugh is a cool dude. I mean ... Super intense but very fun.
6. Durkin is a stud. He coaches at a high tempo and relies on players intelligence and football IQ to grasp his concepts. Example: some coaches stop to explain a drill to the point where they don't get reps. Durkin calls you to a drill, says it once and then you go. Lol. Learn it on the fly! He got in 20% more reps in his drill than one of the other coaches because the other guy spent time talking about what they were going to do.
7. New recruiting department is Grade "A+". Period. Coach Partridge combining with Singletary is a nasty combo.
8) new strength coach is a Dawg. Heck ... He had the team doing a few new things that are great. His philosophy are right on point with some of the top guys in the game. And I saw 1 kid that is a walk-on from St Joe. All I could say was WOW.
Overall ... I was pleased with what I saw. This team will surprise.
****This was created on my facebook under "Michigan football recruiting HQ." Its a group I belong too. Sounds like his son is a recruit and he was able to watch practice with him FWIW. Enjoy....****
MOD EDIT - Changed the title back to something like it was as the initial controversy seems to be resolved. Also, deleted the requested references - LSA
I'm inclined to think he might have been hacked but come to think of it who isn’t afraid of Jim Harbaugh!!!
IIRC speculation on this board was Harbaugh would handle the playcalling duties. If Harbaugh believes Drevno is up to the task, then so do I.