"The University of Illinois is also in turmoil. The university sports an Interim Chancellor, an Interim Athletic Director, and an Interim Football Coach; the game will be played at Soldier Field, making this an Illini Interim Home Game."
So I'm assuming Hoke is going to be giving a half-time speech at the basketball game. With that being said what do you want him to say? I'd like to say I want him to say something like Tressel did but then it'd just be what Tressel did so I'm not really sure what to hope for other than something that gets me pumped and looking forward to our 2011 Football Squad and not just hoping we don't get blown out.
What about you guys? Is there anything Hoke could say at halftime that would quiet the non-believers (SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS!, search YouTube for Charlie the Unicorn, I'd link but YT is blocked at work...)? Either way, here's hoping it gets everyone pumped up and, fingers crossed, we start his tenure off with the BBall team beating tOSU.
Guy sure loves getting paid off of Michigan coaching changes
I won't be able to watch this afternoon's press conference for our new coach, but it might be fun to guess what words/phrases he may focus on to get his point across.
"Physical" o/u 6.5 times
"Tough" o/u 4.5 times
"Get back to playing Michigan football" o/u 2.5 times
"Get bigger" o/u 2.5 times
"Get stronger" o/u 2.5 times
"Get faster" o/u .5 times
"Michigan family" o/u 3.5 times
"Denard" o/u 1.5 times
"Carr" o/u 1.5 times
"Rich Rodriguez" o/u .5 times
"1997" o/u 2.5 times
"Ohio State" o/u 1.5 times
"Michigan State" o/u .5 times
"Rose Bowl" o/u 2.5 times
"decided schematic advantage" o/u .5 times
...add your guesses and other words/phrases as you like. Here's hoping for a good, informative press conferenec!
There have been a lot of questions about where we're at, and what's happening so I'm going to do a mini update so everyone is caught up on where we're at. We obviously won't know some aspects of what will happen until Brady Hoke assembles his staff, and starts to actually make phone calls and visits.
- There's been a rumor that LB Kellen Jones decommitted, which is not true. I spoke with his dad today, and he told me that's not even close. If the Michigan coaches tell Kellen that they want him just as much as the previous coaching staff did then he will be in Ann Arbor. Kellen is visiting Colorado this weekend, because it's already set up, and it's just for fun. He is supposed to take a visit out to Miami, but they're not sure if that will even happen. Kellen still feels the same about Michigan, he's just covering himself for just in case.
- Kris Frost hasn't heard from Auburn yet. If they say no, there's a good chance he'll come to Michigan. If they say yes, then as far as I understand someone else will lose their spot.
- K Matt Goudis and DB Dallas Crawford are visiting Miami this weekend. Dallas knows that Michigan has hired a new coach, and has started to do research on him.
- WR Devin Lucien is a recruit that has been waiting for Michigan to make a hire so he can visit. He still wants to talk to the coaching staff to make sure his offer will be honored, but he was being recruited by San Diego State. Michigan has a great chance with Devin.
- OL Chris Bryant is announcing at the end of January, but this hire for Michigan also helps with him. Michigan is in the lead.
- The only current commits we need to monitor really are Dallas Crawford, Matt Goudis, and Jake Fisher. Blake Countess will just require a phone call to make sure everything is in order, and we should be good to go with everyone else.
If you have any other questions, or if I'm forgetting anything ask in the comments and I'll try to get it answered. It's going to be an ongoing update as the coaches start to reach out to commits and recruits.
I must admit I liked Hoke screaming when the pizza box was opened, but seems like a bit of a stretch with the voice overs. We are forever tied to a pizza chain.