that is nice bonus change
Big ups to the guy in the Desmond Howard jersey in the front row! (Right next to Sad VT Man). Go Blue!
The Heisman Trophy Trust is expected to strip former University of Southern California star running back Reggie Bush of college football’s top honor by the end of September, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the award to have the trophy taken away. The NCAA found major violations in the Trojans’ football program in June and levied serious sanctions against the school.
It's still a bit early for a definitive forecast, but here's weather.com's South Bend outlook:
What potential effect on the game plan, one wonders???
I am sure what you have all been waiting for. In shameless self-promotion, I offer two quotes of mine from recent posts...
Our offense will need to go viral this year, demoralizing teams and making our defense less an issue. I think this happens enough to make this year a great one.
I think we shall catch a glimpse of WVU-style offensive firepower against Oklahoma come September 4th...
Bona fides established, I now offer my wisdom from the renovated stadium:
- Why am I colder when it’s 59 degrees than when it’s 18 degrees?
- The Mealer walk: electric.
- The numbers had been moved on the benches and it seemed roomier. Have no idea how that works; seems to me that shifting a seat number 0.1mm would cost 1,000 seats, sort of like when you expand the Standard Column Width in a spreadsheet with a gazillion cells by 0.0001” and the thing explodes in size.
- The defense appeared to be fast. Not necessarily really good, but make-up speed fast. I had the impression of a SEC defense during a rebuilding year: guys flying around, sometimes over-flying around, but nonetheless foreshadowing a bright future.
- Some of Denard’s throws looked scary, squeezed into tighter space than what appeared in the highlights. Damn, he’s Flutie-sized when throwing. No bat downs? Gotta believe that will be an issue.
- That said, he is like Zeus with a thunderbolt in his hand when he rolls out on a naked bootleg. That old gem of a play we all loved with our prototypical glacial QB looks like OMG with Denard. He rolls, clears those big uglies out of the way, and is looking at either one or two defenders in space with one or two receivers crossing. I really don’t see how anyone defends this. They defended Navarre/Grbac/Threet/Malletstein by keeping a DE home and crushing those Lurches like brazil nuts, and it was still often a sweet play. I actually saw the LB in space on that play soil himself.
- I have rarely seen a thing of beauty unfold live like the fake screen, slant to TRob. After that, I watched the safety/LB reactions to obvious screens and, against an offense like ours, they overract and expose themselves like this all the time.
So I will be in the Washington DC area this Saturday. I checked the UM Bars list (utilized resources!) and plan to watch the game at Buffalo Billiards in the DuPont area. Any suggestions on how early to arrive before the game to get a table? Does it fill up quick? Thanks for the help guys.