LIST OF WWE PERSONNEL?!?
It seemed just as unlikely then as it does now. It's happened before. It can happen again.
(GIGANTIC HT to WolverineHistorian, who is just like, WOW, the keeper of Michigan History in the modern age).
Has there been any talk about both teams wearing their home uniforms for the Michigan-Ohio State game? The NCAA made this legal last year, so long as both uniforms do not look too much like each other, and I think it would be great for the rivarly.
So it looks as if I'll be having at least 5 or 6+ U-M football players at my Thanksgiving table on Thursday. And I have now have to help my parents cook ALL THE DAMN FOOD THAT WILL BE NEEDED TO FILL THE STOMACHS of Mike Martin, JB Fitzgerald, Steve Watson, Renaldo Sagesse, Jibreel Black and possibly others.
Mike Martin's family is friends of ours and we had them over for Christmas dinner last year. With the OSU game being after Thanksgiving this year, the players obviously won't all be with their families to celebrate the holiday. Since the team has practice Thursday morning, some of the guys will be coming to my parents' house for the meal afterward.
So far, we have 3 turkeys and one spiral ham planned in addition to approximately 137 side dishes. But I'm thinking we need another meat/main course. Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking a beef roast in the slow cooker or some center cut BBQ pork chops on the grill.
What would you feed massive Michigan linemen? A little help here!
EDIT: I'll post pictures of the aftermath/table devastation next week.
This might be a little OT, but I just wanted to hear everyone else's stories about this bullshit streak.
My younger daughter is currently 7 years old and has never seen us beat tOSU. After last years game she asked me "dad, are we ever gonna beat them?" I just looked at and said one day and tried to explain that before she was born we used to always beat them (then I got to thinking, nah). She looked at me like I was an idiot. My older daughter has really never seen us win either. She is 11 and it's shitty that we have only won three games since they were both born and two of them were years they were born, so that doesn't count as they were not old enough to realize it.
What makes it bad is that we live in Dayton, Ohio and all she sees is that shit day in and day out and believe it or not....lol, they teach their kids to be just as trashy as they are. I was born in Michigan and bleed blue and my poor kids were born here in this shitty state, but have raised them right as they are true blue.
I just think it's sad that our younger generation have no clue that we were once year in and year out always a top 10 school. This makes me sad and hope that we start to pick it up as the years progress.
Now that I think about, we've only won 3 times since I've been married. Maybe I need to rethink this marriage thing if we don't win in next year or so.
There's a lot of chatter on the board today, blah blah State, blah blah MSM guy says X - he's stoopid!
Guess what, it's Ohio State week. Every year, the last game of the year, so many times for the Big Ten Title.
The board mobilized this summer when there was a chance that The Game could move, well guess what, get pumped, because The Game is here.
Ohio is the worst state ever, they suck, I hate them with every fiber of my being, and we cannot forget that.
- A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, “Wanna hear a Buckeye joke?” The guy replies, “Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I am 6′ tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6’2″, 225 lbs., and he is an Ohio State graduate. The guy right next to him is 6’5″, 250lbs., and he is also an Ohio State graduate. Now, you still wanna tell me that joke?” The first guy says, “No, not if I’m going to have to explain it three times.”
- It was reported that the Ohio Football Coach Jim Tressel will only be dressing 40 players for the Michigan game …the rest of the players will have to dress them selves.
- Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground? All five books in the library were completely destroyed and the football team is really upset by the fire; they hadn’t colored in two of the books yet.
- Q: What does the average Ohio State University student get on his SAT? A: Drool.
- Q: How do you get an Ohio State Graduate off your front porch? A: Pay him for the pizza.
- Q: What did the OSU grad say to the Michigan grad? A: “Welcome to McDonald’s. May I take your order please?”
- Q: Why is ice no longer available at Ohio State football games? A: Because the senior who knew the recipe finally graduated.
- A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, “Your first job will be to sweep the store.” But, I’m a OSU graduate,” the young man replied indignantly, “I even played football there!” “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that,” said the manager. “Here, give me the broom, I better show you how”.
- Two Ohio State football players were hootin’ and hollerin’ while partying on campus when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took them two months. “Two months?!” exclaimed the bartender. The Buckeye proudly replied, “Yeah, the box said 4 – 6 years!”
- A Buckeye football player was almost killed today in a tragic horse back riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse.
- A little boy and his mother were walking through an Ohio cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read: “Here lies an OSU graduate and a good man.” The little boy asked his mother, “Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?”
- Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie’s lamp. “Who disturbs me?” asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. “You will each get one wish,” said the genie. Jim offers to go first. “I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!” The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he’ll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, “Fill it with water.”
Jokes found on the interwebs - add yours and your stories of why you hate OSU
That is according to Phil Steele's 2010 preview magazine.
In the last 8 seasons, teams who finished the season with 4 net close wins (UM currently has 4 wins by a TD or less and 0 losses by a TD or less) had a worse record the following season 78% of the time (28 out of 36 teams), 11% finished with the same record (4 of 36) and only 11% (4 of 36) finished with a better record the next season.
Pretty sobering stastic, isn't it?
(Cue the "So you're saying there's a chance ?!?!?" clips)