Hoke was top notch at this aspect of his job.
Note: Title changed from "TomVH, Does LB Curtis Grant has Michigan as his leader?" due to grammer police intervention.
This is from the Bleacher Report so take it for what it is worth.
“I have had a chance to speak with [Michigan] coaches Robinson and Braithwaite. I like both coaches, they are good guys. Michigan is losing their middle linebacker so I am keeping an eye on that," Grant said.
New Years Day can't come soon enough, but for now a nice brief question and answer session with Bulldogblitz.com's Logan Lowery
- LSU likes to run heavy sets more than Auburn, so Miss st. ran alot more 4 and even 5 DL fronts on first and second down 3rd down was almost exclusively 3 DL
- LSU's QB's were able to break contain on scrambles and get to the outside.
- ESPN U cameraman can't find the fricken ball, missing plays with stupid graphics, ARRRRGGGGHHH!
- Audible's come from the sideline
- Trips formation is about 60% bubble screens in 2+ games so far.
- Relf looks slow to pickup corner blitzes.
- punt formation was back to normal this week, but maybe just cause the punt was from deep in their own territory
- LSU adjusts to the 4 man line by going spread on 1st down. to pickup a nice gain, then back to heavy sets.
- #34 DE, team captian. Looks small for a DE, (maybe it's just his number) but has good ups. Knocked down a screen pass.
- 4th and inches on the 45, ran the option and gave to the full back instead of qb iso. strange.
- #28 ballard is pretty strong, can move the pile
- Relf looks to have decent accuracy over the middle, but he's not gonna beat you on deep outs and corner routes. ball has too much air under it.
- Trips, when LSU has two men up in bump and run, it's a straight up zone option, when LSU's corners play off, they throw the bubble.
- triangle trips (where the middle WR is on the line) is more of a passing formation.
- Terrible interception by Relf, just throwing up a prayer under a blitz pressure. hopefully he hasn't grown out of that yet.
- LSU is back in spread on 1st, so MSU goes 3 man line, so LSU runs right at it for big yardage.
- LSU 3rd and 15, only 2 DL but brought a 5 man blitz in the redzone, interesting.
- Relf is pitching the ball more when they run the option left this week, probably got coached up on that.
- 12-0 LSU at the half, Miss State's redzone D brought a lot of pressure, but LSU's ineffeciency at redzone passing probably had more to do with the stops. Very conservative playcalling by miles that the bulldog D jumped all over. procedure penalties also hurt LSU.
- the previous comment about tony dungy was obviously incorrect, it's Herman Edwards who is stuttering up in that booth.
- Miss st. is moving the the RB late to change the direction of the zone option
- Relf shaken up with a mild concussion, once you get the first it becomes more of risk every subsequent time.
- Russell can throw the deep out, hope he's out for the bowl game.
- not real impressed with miss state's FB on short yardage. he's better on option dives, but LSU does have a good DL, so that might be skewing my opinion. Either way, ballard and relf are the much bigger threats in short yardage.
- Still not very impressed with #4 safety, in 3 games I've seen him only make one great play when he was in the box and read the hole. Other than that, he's been a lot of meh.
- FB will take you to the play 90% of the time, he's either the first man on the option or the lead blocker, they almost never use him as a backside blocker or in cross buck motion. The closest to misdirection with the FB i've seen is when they dive off the guard's outside shoulder and option it the the other way
- up 26-7 start of the 4th quarter, fourth INT of the game for LSU and that's the ball game.
- LOL is there really a baseball player called FUKUDOME?!? I saw it on the scroll and thought it was the name of a stadium. the Fuk - U - dome.hahaha
- Without the massive # of turnovers this would have been a closer game, but LSU just dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball. they brought lots of heat on defense and heavy sets on offense and just pushed around their counterparts. Unfortunately this is not really something we'll be able to do. We won't have the weight advantage LSU had.
<still writing that paper>
DAYS UNTIL DARRYL STONUM TAKES ANOTHER ONE TO THE HOUSE!
What Michigan gear would you like to see made again? I'm itching for some M gear but don't like much of what is offered.
1. I miss the "narrow" block M hats that were sold back in the late nineties. IMO they had a classier appearance than the current ones. The retro Bo hat had too flat a bill.
2. Can we get some sweet Dri Fit gear? A small block M with minimal Adidas logos would be sweet too.
3. Let's go back to the block M on the shoulders of our away Jerseys. That was the best one. Looks much better than the current.
What about you?