Mason NEEDS this, Pistons, after all you've put him through
Honestly, this never even occurred to me, but it seems like a possibility. MVictors put the idea into my head, and now I can't get it out.
At least it splits up OSU and PSU. We already know that Iowa and Wisconsin are split, so the only question is whether Iowa should be in Nebraska's division, or not. I'll guess they will be:
- Michigan, PSU, MSU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern
- OSU, Nebraska, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois
For what it's worth, I could live with this if M versus OSU must absolutely be broken up for some reason I can't see.
Anyone have any good "friendly" bets for this upcoming season? I have a couple long-standing bets (co-worker is a Badger and we always have $20 on the game --- going on 8 years; another co-worker is a Hoosier and the loser of IU/UM buys donuts for the office on Monday... too bad I've only been working with him 2 years and not 23).
One of my Sparties just offered to bet a 6-pack on UConn/UM. I took him up on it (because not only do I think UM will win, but also, because I like beer). Another Sparty-friend and I have a case on UM with an over/under of 7 while another case is on MSU with an over/under of 8 (bowls not included)
Yours? Let's hear 'em....
The Van will be decorated like this:
6 maize flags
magnetic block M and M football magnetics
12 homemade dreads 6 foot long draping from the top ski rack down the back flying in the wind
maize and blue paint on the side windows reading GO BLUE
maize and blue paint on the back window reading: Cornerbacks ride and eat for Free
More ideas are welcome.............................
Dave Brandon was on WJR this morning on the Frank Beckmann show. Happened a few hours ago, but I haven't seen it posted yet, and not everyone on this board can get AM 760.
Here's the highlights that I remember:
- DB DOES want MSU and OSU to play UM each year.
- DB does NOT want Michigan to play OSU at the end of the year going into a championship game. He said no coach or TV person wants to see the same two teams match up in consecutive weeks.
- The conference's primary means for determining which schools go into which divisions is based on each programs performance.... # of wins, conference titles, bowl appearances, etc. Geography is NOT a consideration.
- The year that Penn State came into the conference is as far back as the conference is looking when evaluating programs.
- The top 4 teams are OSU, UM, Nebraska, and PSU.
- UM and OSU are NOT going to be in the same division.
Reading into what he said, it looks like MSU will probably be in our division and OSU will be a protected match-up scheduled some time before the last regular season game. He said he's fighting very hard to have us play those two schools each year and I can't see them giving UM two protected teams on the schedule, thus MSU in the same division.
He did stress several times that the divisions will be formed based on past performance (dating back to PSU's entry into the conference) more than anything else; and he reiterated that geography is a non-factor.
Dave Brandon's a straight shooter and doesn't mince words. He did add that Coach Rod's future is not determined by a "number" (of wins). He's the AD and he has access to far more metrics than win / loss stats. Those metrics (and he listed a bunch) are what DB looks at.
I will be tailgating at the golf course just like I did last year. If anyone would like to stop by my tailgate group just friend me using the links below and I will send an invite. It'd be good to see some fellow Mgobloggers out there. Specifically those that like Jager and beer pong. I also have some photos of last years tailgates in my photo section as well. Hope to see a few of you there and do a few shots with ya.