if you seek an image of the most Wisconsin OL ever, enter here
Notes on injuries:
- Martin and Mouton practiced all week and are ready to go.
- Mike Shaw is cleared and ready to go
- Lewan won't start, but has been cleared and is ready
I won't be able to watch the game until after it is over. I do not have a DVR.
HOW DOES I WATCH IT? ESPN3.COM? BTN.COM? ANY OTHER INTERESTING SITES?
(and yes, this means I will pull a hiatus on my adiction to this board until after I'm done watching the game. I don't need it spoiled!)
PLEASE HELP ME! I NEEDS TO KNOW!
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of any mobile options to watch tomorrow's game. I'll be at the Penn St.-Indiana game in Landover, Md., and not in front of a TV.
The wisdom of that decision aside, is anyone familiar with mobile options to watch the game? I have a relatively new model BlackBerry Curve, and an iPod Touch. I'd be willing to buy a mobile radio or handheld TV, if that's necessary. Like I said, I'll be in the metro Washington, D.C. area.
Any ideas, beyond hitting refresh on ESPN.com?
10. Ron Dayne- Sure he holds some NCAA records and could out eat John Candy in a Hot Wings contest but nothing was more frustrating than watching a guard play running back and do it so well. Like God took Barry Sanders feet and pasted them onto Ron Dayne for a sick joke. Oh well... Michigan got the last laugh.
9. That 70s Show- I know it doesn't have much to do with the Badgers besides the show taking place in Wisconsin... I still hate that show. Besides looking at Mila Kunis(Jackie) and watching the bad guy from Robocop it sucked. I never enjoyed Horse Face/Man Voice Donna and all the lame 14 year old pot head humor. I won't even get into the awful "That 80s show" that spawned from it and lasted a week or the fact that Fez.. never mind.
8.Bucky the Badger- I mean he is so top heavy and hooky. He doesn't even have a neck. He does push ups after touchdowns.. How original. He also looks like a furry candy cane. Maybe this is a reach but still...
7.The "W"- It's pure ugly. It's all squashed and....dumb. I mean it barely looks like a "W". Looks like Devil writing with all those points and red.
6.Camp Randall- Whats with naming the stadium after a campground? Sounds like a place my dad took us up north for our crappy family camping trips. Also whats with that Church/warehouse? Looks so out of place. The place is a poor mans Horseshoe in some respects. Jump around isn't that cool either. It was better in Happy Gilmore.
5.The Perverted Band- "This one time in Camp Randall." In 2008 you sick loony pervs were suspended for the Ohio State game. I guess keeping the public safe from a bunch of hazing drunk super sex freaks was in order. Not that the OSU fans would have minded. They love hazing drunk super sex freaks. Next time take your sick little band games to the internet. At least you will make money. Oh and they lost because of you..
4. Orson Welles- Again didn't attend UW that I am aware of but I hate frozen peas.
3. Bo Ryan- Yeah... Alright he has been pretty good but... Boring! When you do the eye ball test on his basketball teams you think they look like the worst team in the Big Ten. A bunch of ugly white dudes who box out and and play defense... oh and take smart shots. How boring winning must be. His poor man's (yes that phrase again) Pat Riley looks awful. Pat would throw hair grease in his eyes for dishonoring his look.
|Whats that shit on your face?|
2. James Kamoku- You son of a bitch! You think you can put your god damn hands on Steve Breaston and get away with it? DO YOU!? This amateur during a 2006 UM vs UW punt return decided to try and rip Steve's ankle off. It was caught on TV. Karma is a bitch since last I saw you played for some fake football team called the "Wolf Pac". Guess what happened to this dirt ball for his bush league act? NOTHING! That brings me to number...one.
1. Bret Bielema- I know right? Predictable? Yes he's an easy number one. His fat ugly head has made him a pretty big D bag around the league. Last week he nearly killed a man. Alright he didn't but he did smash the poor Indiana people for 83 points for no damn reason. He also ran the score up on the handicapped Gophers. This dude is such a sleeeeze ball. He looks so creepy, like I would see him in the Golden Lion off of US-23 searching for his favorite adult magazine. So in closing he is a smug ugly man who is in favor of no sportsmanship and dirty play... oh and he hates Care Bears.... and I don't like him.
It ranks the rivalries independent of tradition and history except over the last ten years. Okay, that's a bit artificial, but as long as that is stated up front, that's fine.
Here are the problems:
Any time five years of the rivalry are DNP, it's not a good rivalry. I don't care that Louisville-WVU was big in '06; it hasn't meant anything since then.
This isn't totally terrible, except it has never determined the conference champion since 2002 (and even that is a stretch because it was for the lesser share). It's also too lopsided to matter. I honestly think that Michigan-PSU (a mere pseudo-rivalry) would be a better choice.
An egregious example of SEC-centric thinking by the football media. Great, why don't I complain about the free press while I'm at it.
When has this game decided anything in the SEC? Alabama just hasn't been very good for a significant portion of the decade. The Iron Bowl is going to be awesome this year, sure, but that's mostly it - '09 was a pretty good game though.
This could be top five, sure, but it's the highest-ranked Big Ten rivalry on the list. '05, '08, and '09 were great; beyond that, not so much.
2. Red River Shootout
I have mixed feelings about this one; it involves two good teams that are the overlords of their conference, yes. The only real factor going against it is how the loser often wins the conference championship. That's kind of a negative against a rivalry. I guess it deserves its spot.
WTF? They've played FOUR times in the past decade. The only times both teams were good was in '08 and '09. Sure, those types of rivalry games for the BCS title game are pretty epic, but this is as bad as saying Red Sox-Yankees is the premier rivalry in baseball. No long term memory was used here. Two games with high stakes over ten years does not make for a good rivalry.
Michigan was down over the past two years. Before that, we only have '07, '06, and '03 where both teams were playing for the championship, and '02, '06, '07 where the game had BCS championship implications. Even when you throw out tradition and history, The Game has mattered a lot. Yet, somehow it didn't make this list.
This list seems to be done in the same way that polls are; overweighting recent results while ignoring the big picture. Very shameful.
On the plus side, Michigan-OSU will probably be #1 as soon as we win a national championship - since recent history is all that matters. Actually, forget that: Michigan-Nebraska will be the top rivalry, once we've played two times in-conference.
Ahhhh Wellll, lets beat the Badgers and show Austin what he passed up on