TO THE HOT TAKE CANNON
John Bacon, who you may know wrote "Bo's Lasting Lessons," has a nice takedown of the recent B10 decisions on logo, conference names, and trophy's. I didn't get into his midwest rube theme, but the rest was good IMO. I liked this:
"After cleverly naming the divisions for nothing and nobody, they created 18 trophies, and named them after everybody. That's right. If you ever played or coached Big Ten football, or know of someone who did, chances are good you're one of the 36 legends — or leaders? I can't recall — honored on these awards. Two per trophy. This ensures every conference school has several hundred former players on some hardware somewhere."
Chris Balas from Rivals has stated that Martavious is running with team, but is still wearing the red jersey. Not expected to play, but a good sign for him moving forward.
Also Balas mentioned that WR Jeremy Gallon has been playing a bit of QB with the read option and that he is good at it. Balas is not saying he will see extensive action there, but it's a wrinkle they could bring out at some point.
Did anyone else catch Sam Webb saying he had a gut feeling on a def player today? Any guess of who it may be?
Nice article in the Det News on Ciullo. He has only played one game in his career, but inspires the rest of the guys. A great example of a terrific kid that and the kind that doesn't get mentioned enough.
Game 9 (no torrent, but Brian looked at their offense)
Game 6 (couldn't find a torrent)
Be careful about anything that seems encouraging from this game since Alabama doesn't really do anything that we do and has great athletes all over the place. Here we go:
- Haven't really mentioned it until now, but MSU Kickoff coverage has been pretty solid all year. The gunners seem to make solid tackles.
- The zen of blitz pickups, if we can just get a body on their blitzers and let their momentum take them upfield, good things should happen.
- Ballard caught a pass after faking the run, he was wide open, guess Bama has been watching the same tapes as me. He hadn't really done that all year up til now
- Relf with another bad INT. No pressure, he just made a bad decision, throwing it right to the safety.
- #90 Mcphee LE got some pressure with a speed rush
- Perkins looks good on that counter sweep
- Bama's QB is finding some openings against MSU's zone. Hit a comeback against #13 Banks who was playing pretty far off, they came right back to it and #5 was much closer on the play. #5 is a more aggressive player in coverage from that safety spot.
- #25 CB will come up hard on run support
- #50 white doesn't seem to get tired, he's sideline to sideline throughout the game.
- #94 RE made a nice play in the backfield when the pulling linemen couldn't get to him in time
- #3 gets a nice gain on a WR screen on 2nd and a mile
- Wow, Marquis Maze just made 3 people miss tackles for a long TD. #25 put a hit on up high, but Maze is too strong for that.
- Maze returns a punt for a TD, called back on a penalty, so Mark Ingram takes a hitch and just outruns everyone to the endzone
- 20-3 Bama at the half
- #61 got beat for another sack
- Julio Jones takes the jet sweep for another long TD, broke an arm tackle by #36 and #5 took a bad angle. He's done that a bit against guys with real speed.
- #86 Carr, speedy freshman screwed up the kick return, mullen gave him an earful on the sideline, wonder if he's gonna be in the doghouse the next couple weeks.
- Guess not since carr is getting involved in the run game on that drive.
- down 27-3 MSU punts on 4th and inches from it's own 30 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. game over.
- #50 white gets a nice INT getting good depth in his zone, looks like he pulled his groin on the play
- 8 in the box is definitely the way to go aginst MSU's run game. Take your chances with relf's accuracy and MSU WR's don't have great hands.
- Can someone shoot Bob Davie with a tranquilizer, or something to just shut him up. Cam newton plays for neither alabama nor MSU, move on.
- Ballard showing more patience this week. Earlier in the year he would just slam into the hole. But he's got enough of a burst and acceleration to be more patient and look for the openings.
- Relf takes a sack holding the ball too long
- FUCKING STOP TALKING ABOUT NEWTON FOR PETE'S SAKE!
- Ingram runs right over #5
- HOLY CHRIST! BOB DAVIE HAS SPENT THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF TALKING ABOUT AUBURN, meanwhile #42 for bama is spinning off tacklers who like to hit but haven't been wrapping up that well this game.
- Subs are in, game is really over, the start of the 4th
- Isn't that cute, Julio Jones has pigtails.
- Why were people getting on Bo Pelini's case? $aban just ripped his backup QB a new one, looked much worse than anything Pelini did. He even spanks him pretty violently on the arse. That's just what football coaches do.
- Russell in at QB, hits #35 in the flat for a 1st down. something new.
- #3 drops a pass.
- #19 makes a nice catch in traffic
- Bumphis closes out the scoring by getting behind the safeties.
DAYS UNTIL MIKE COX SHOWS OFF HIS BEST DENARD IMPRESSION!