I'm stuck as the only guy in my office thanks to DEATHSTORM and came across this gem.
This is for the rules junkie who always knows what happened and how to enforce. I did alot better than I thought I would but still got only half right. The hardest part IMO is determining the differences between NFHS (high school) and NCAA enforcement. Test yourself and see how you did.
Also, did you know that in Texas they use NCAA rules in high school?
Bo Bishop and Bobby Carpenter were talking about Michigan football and the rivalry today on The Fan. I like to share any of Ohio media's pertinent thoughts as a lot of you aren't unlucky enough to live in enemy territory.
- They think that Ohio and Michigan will be the top two teams in the B1G next year. They said that there is no question that both will be elite national teams by 2013.
- Going forward, they expect the Michigan / Ohio rivalry to be important nationally, and much more fun to watch. Outside of 2006, they said things have been pretty dull lately. They expect both teams to be in the upper echelon (my word, not theirs, insert Ohio joke) of the FBS for at least 6-7 years.
- Bo said that Brady reminds him of a cross between Bo Schembechler and Tommy Boy. I laughed at that, as anybody with a sense of humor just did as they read it. I'd like to think that's the reason he's so well liked, but I do picture him putting on a slot receivers jacket and spinning around.
- They emphasized our 2013 recruiting and said they didn't know how Hoke would work out when he was hired, but now they're starting to think it was a perfect match. They were effusive with their praise for Hoke.
- They pointed to Urban Meyer's record against rivals while at Florida as a reason they think that they (OSU) hold an edge right now. What they failed to mention was his record against Michigan to date, or the fact that Mattison was his biggest hoss while at Florida. Can't blame them for not wanting to bring any of that up though...
With this game I have uploaded, all 12 of Michigan's wins in the 1997 National Championship Season are online. I edited my video very similar to WolverineHistorian.
I have seen a lot of requests on his channel for this game, so I figure I would upload it. This is my first time uploading highlights and editing, so let me know how I did. In the coming days, I will be uploading some classic Michigan Basketball and Michigan Hockey games.
This just in from Sam Webb over on the Twitter:
Hearing another youngster slated to visit #Michigan today. Beaver Falls, PA QB Chandler Kincade. The 2014 signal caller is committed to Pitt
There was a rumor over on Rivals that Michigan was getting a visitor this weekend that is currently committed to another school, and that there was a chance he could flip. Beaver Falls = Namath, FYI.
It was just announced that starting next year, College kickoffs will be from the 35 yard line now, like what the NFL did this year. Any thoughts on the issue? I personally don't like the move, I think limiting the head start the kicking team gets would be fine
Looking ahead toward the future of UM's passing game, I fear a dramatic reduction in the utilization of Taco Pants. The Mythical 8 foot tall receiver has benefited from the abundance of slot ninjas on the roster and DRob's inaccuracy as a passer, especially when nursing injury.
Two factors will likely reduce the utilization of Taco Pants in the passing game:
1. Quarterback Play - A fully healthy DRob with two full years in Borges's system will likely fell less compelled to seek out Taco Pants as a second or third option. Devin and Shane are widely believed to be more accurate passers than DRob. While Taco Pants may be an attractive target during times of transition, Devin and Shane will likely be better prepared that the wave of freshmen who took the reigns over the past several years.
2. Receiving Target Recruiting - While Junior Hemingway was often able to snatch passes intended for Taco Pants with his leaping ability, no other UM receiving target has capable to challenging Taco Pants for passes thrown high. Hoke seems to have sent out a directive to recruit taller receiving targets. Jaron Dukes and Jake Butt have the height necessary to come away with passes intended for Taco Pants.
While his contributions have been many. I fear that Taco Pants may fade from our awareness as he is utilized less often.