Here's an ad-free link to the Freep's treatment of what will not be a good week for Michigan football:
It is clear that new AD Brandon is walking a tightrope when you try to self-impose sanctions. It's is like Goldilocks and the porridge. Too harsh, too weak, or just right.
Any way you slice this, it sucks, it's the last thing we need, and I guarantee you this incompetence will not happen on David Brandon's watch. As a former corporate executive, he understands that compliance is something you just have to get right without excuses.
I really want Michigan to be in the news for what it does on the football field, and not what is contained in NCAA filings.
Did this guy once work for the Freep? He's predicting a third straight Spartan win and he believes it will get RichRod fired.
Maryland DT Darian Cooper is on his way home from the Big House BBQ, after he enjoying his visit. "Everything went really well," he said. "We got to see the new renovations and the field and everything. We also had a quick tour of the academic facilities, and the food was really good. I really liked the BBQ chicken, so that was nice."
Cooper and his mother got in Friday night, but got in late, so they didn't really get to take anything in until today [Saturday]. It was important for both Darian and his mother to build relationships on this visit, and he said that was accomplished. "My mom and I both sat down with coach Singletary, Dews, and coach Rodriguez. I like them to meet my mom, so I can get her opinion on everything, too. She liked everything, and even exchanged numbers with some of the other recruits parents. All the recruits kind of introduced themselves, too, so I got to know them a little bit."
His mother has now seen Michigan, Penn State, and Maryland with Darian, and they plan on trying to make as many visits as they can. "I'm going to try to get out to Michigan State, Clemson, and NC State, too. I'd really like to visit everyone that has offered me, because I feel like I owe them that respect, since they offered me," he said. Cooper doesn't have a leader after this event, and probably won't until he gets to see all the schools he wants.
Although he's not ready to name a leader yet, Michigan definitely did themselves a favor with this event. "I liked it a lot," Darian said. "It was real informal and laid back. They weren't trying to hype anything, and I really liked that. We just got to sit back and talk about life and not all football, which was great."
[Bumping this to the top because it's relevant for today - Tim]
You asked for it.......multiple times, so here it is. I was going to wait, but I figured it would give everyone something to do. This is the same as the Spring Game list, this can change, it's not set in stone, and it's only the people I've confirmed so far. There are more people coming (I'm assuming), I just haven't gotten in touch with them yet.
- OL Anthony Zettel - He said he probably won't pull the trigger.
- DE Chris Rock - He also said he probably won't commit. It's getting close, though.
- DT Darian Cooper - He's very excited to come see Michigan. He'll be in with his mother.
- Corey Marshall - Supposed to be there, not 100%
- WR AJ Jordan - He'll be there (as of now), and he's pretty excited about it.
- Commit DE Brennen Beyer
- LB Branden Jackson - Michigan has a good chance here, he's from PA.
- DB Dondi Kirby - He'll know by Friday if he's going, or not. He lives in PA, so it's not too far for a last minute decision. If he comes, LB Armstead Williams will be coming with him. They're best friends, and travel together, and potentially want to go to school together. They're both going to wait until signing day, but Michigan is in good favor with both of them.
- OL Ryan Kelly - One of the newer offers from Ohio, which you can read about here.
- LB Sean Duggan - He was invited (this is more of an invitation event, so not a lot of random people will be showing up), but can't make it.
- WR Damiere Byrd - Hasn't been hearing much from Michigan lately. I'm assuming it's because we're in on Spiffy Evans, AJ Jordan, Sammy Watkins, and DeAnthony Arnett.
- DE Deion Barnes - No ride, and didn't know about the event. (No invite)
- LB Kris Frost - Unfortunately his family can't afford the trip again. He's rescheduling for the summer.
- RB Demetrius Hart
- LB Lamar Dawson - He's coming out with a top list in the next week, or two. He's going to try to visit this summer.
- DB Daren Kitchen - Too far, and he plans on camping this summer. If he has an offer when he comes up for camp, expect him to commit, or already be committed. He told me there's a 90% chance he'll commit to Michigan. LSU has been recruiting him (he's from LA), but he really likes Michigan right now. He loves Charles Woodson, and thinks he can be a big corner like him. Kitchen is 6'2", 175 lbs.
- OL Aundrey Walker - Glenville....(insert fart noise here).
- TE Ray Hamilton - Can't make it
- DB Dondi Kirby - He's not coming. if he's going, or not. If he would've made it, LB Armstead Williams would have come with him. They're best friends, and travel together, and potentially want to go to school together. They're both going to wait until signing day, but Michigan is in good favor with both of them.
- OL Ray Ball - Recently offered. He was very honest to me when we spoke. He said he does really like Ohio State and Wisconsin, despite the fact that OSU hasn't offered. He said he's from Ohio, so he just likes OSU because of that. He also told me that he's excited to see what Michigan has to offer, and despite his interest in the other two schools, it doesn't mean Michigan won't get a fair look. (side note: He sounds like a really respectable, religious kid. I was impressed with him, and also he's a giant). His uncle moved the visit to June 5th, they have some things going on right now.
I'm trying to watch some videos via mgovideo.com and have created an account. Now when I go to the site I just get a blank white page. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is the site down and it just coincidentally happened right after I created an account? Any help is appreciated.
With my obsession with michigan football and the long wait until the season starts I have been watching Michigans football intros on youtube like 3 times a week. For those who weren't at the games or on time they are all on youtube. I really liked all of them, anyone who didn't what can be improved? What did and did you not like about them?