- Despite how we usually like to play quickly, I would slow the pace way down. I would take the play clock down to 5 seconds or less remaining. Defense is bad? Keep them on the sideline as much as possible.
- Throw the ball downfield early, esp. w/PAP off QB runs w/lead blocker(s).
- If we have a lead, run the ball a lot.
- Outnumber the offense in the run game; dare them to throw it.
- Against the pass, take away the quick throws and the deep ball. Make Pryor make intermediate throws like deep outs, comebacks, etc.
- Play a 4-man line. Let's let our DL take on as few doubles as possible.
- Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Bring the heat as much as necessary. If it's 90% of the snaps, so be it. Secondary is vulnerable, so help them out by getting pressure any way you can. I prefer guys getting beat 1-on-1 for big plays as opposed to receivers running around in our "zone" with no defenders within 5 yards and getting at least 7 yards after catch. (Would love to see YAC stats from the Wisconsin game.)
With UT's loss to Texas A&M, they are not bowl eligible. Unless not enough teams become bowl eligible, allowing a bowl to pick a 5-7 Texas team for their bowl, we will not see UT in a bowl for the first time in a long time.
This is the same Texas program that hasn't won less than 9 games for each of the 12 years under Mack Brown. They have not won less than 10 games for the last 9 years. Their recent history has been so consisently great that we have had legitimate concerns about holding on to our winningest program claim.
EDIT: I saw I just got beaten to this. How do I delete?
I thought this was awesome. If someone has already posted this, please delete (I didn't see anything though)
(I like how this link says spartan instead of buckeye)
As Michigan fans stare at the almost inevitability of 7-5, lombasting the idiocy of GERG and the Angry Michigan BLANK Hating God, we do have things to be thankful for. There are reasons beyond "I/my Mom/my Dad went to Michigan" or "I live nearby" or "I like to be able to look at myself in the mirror" that makes us Michigan fans, and for that I would like to celebrate a few of the things that we as fans should be grateful for even during a time that has been well, trying, to say the least.
I am thankful for:
-Denard's smile (and his NCAA records)
-Les Miles for not taking the Michigan job
-ditto for Greg Schiano
-Wangler to Carter (no it never gets old)
-hockey season and the onmipresence of Red Berenson
-having the largest stadium in college sports
-being just good enough to keep Notre Dame as the largest disappointment year after year
-Lloyd Brady (no explanation necessary)
-having the best college football blog in the country to serve this fanbase
-Rich Rod's offense (yea I'm one of those crazy Rich Rod supporters)
What about you?