Coaches' timeouts are worse. Basketball teams should get one, full stop.
The Michigan Wolverines will not lose to the Connecticut Huskies this Saturday afternoon. Yes, I know the Huskies have won four straight road openers, but Rich Rodriguez's teams were favored by 14, 23 and 20 points the last three times he played UConn -- and they covered each time, winning by a combined 103 points. Keep an eye on Wolverine QB Denard Robinson. He's going to make a big difference this fall especially behind a deeper, more experienced O-line. The downside: too bad he can't also play CB for the Wolverines.
I'll take it!!
I think the general populous has underestimated my Wolverines, and I've been spreading the gospel. I want to put my money where my mouth is but I'm unfamiliar with placing bets online. I know many on here use certain sites, so I would like some feedback from those users. Could you please address the following questions?
1) What site to you feel is the most reputable?
2) Are there any legal concerns I should be aware of with online bookmaking?
3) Are there any sites that you have been screwed by in one way or another?
4) Is it possible to place bets further out than just this week? I know the lines are out for all of our games, but I'm unsure if I can place bets right now before the odds-makers adjust their lines based on our ass-kicking of the Huskies on Saturday. This is going to be worse than what would happen if Michael Vick was the director of operations for the Iditarod.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
So apparently CFN thinks this is going to be a relatively low scoring affair despite the fact that RR scored 179 (roughly 45 a game) points in 4 meetings against Edsall at WVU.
CFN is basically a useless site, but I figured I'd add this as fuel to the fire. If the score does end up in the low 20s, I guess it does not bode well for Michigan. However, it would mean that both of these young defenses would have to play really well. That seems doubtful.
Edit: Doubtful that BOTH defenses play well. Not that the Michigan D holds UConn to 23 points, because I think that is actually quite possible.
UConn depth chart for the game this Sat has been released. The official version can be found in the link below:
Couple points of note:
* Shoemate has not been able to crack the top two - currently listed as the third guy as TB (although with an OR)
* After the injury to their starting DE, the current lineup looks really small - one of the starting DE is 225 and his backup is 237.
* They are breaking in new Punters - both guys on the chart are redshirt Freshman.
* Same FG kicker as last year - who was pretty meh - 1/3 from 20-29, 4/9 from 40-49.
* 3 True Freshman, 8 Redshirt Freshman on the chart.
Do you see anything significant there?
It is game week and I am jacked up. However, with the rededication taking place Saturday, I have some questions on times. Ever since my dad started taking me to games back in 1994, every opening weekend, we would go watch the drumline at Revelli Hall. As a student, I have continued this for the first game every year to watch the drumline. They usually come out about an hour and a half before kickoff. So my question is, with the festivities being held before the game, what time will the drumline be playing? Also, what time will the rededication start? I want to make sure I am in the stadium to see it all. Is the schedule online somewhere?
I hate to create a post just for this but I cannot find where there might be info on a RR presser today. Is there not one until next Monday? Last year was there one the week before only because of the reaction to the allegations? Thanks for any info!