"It's a lot easier being a drug dealer than an AAU coach" - this guy. Tell me something I don't know. I mean, don't think but have never tried either.
Well, after several posters postulated that Denard might be on the cover of SI this week, the answer is obviously no.
I was interested to see how we were mentioned given the media fawning over Michigan and DR in these early games.
Never mind the cover curse, after seeing the 4 page article (referenced on the cover) about Tyrelle Pryor, I thought we were going to make it without even a MENTION.
I got to page 89 (of 93) without seeing anything then saw the ANTI-curse -- from "This Week in SI" a reference to 1989 and Ismail's two TD returns against Michigan. Then, on page 90, a picture of DR asking folks to go to SI.com to "check out a wrap-up of the biggest stories from Week 2."
This is about the furthest we could get from a cover curse event, right? Woo! (?)
What are you most excited to see this Saturday? For me, it's:
- Devin playing for an extended period of time. It will be very interesting to see how his skill-set compares to Denard's. I also want to see him run the ball as a bigger dood.
- Watching our RBs annihilate everything. We are going to put up a lot of yardage on the ground and I am looking forward to seeing the RBs get to share in the massacre.
- Watching Denard play. I don't care if it's 2-3 series, he is exciting to watch no matter what he is doing.
Bonus: seeing how far Tate has progressed since last year.
Note: this is not a thread to say OMG OMG DON'T TEMPT FATE UMASS CAN BEAT US KNOCK ON WOOD. Post your pointless concerns elsewhere.
Looks like the lights are coming to the Big House....
Per AP's Larry Lage's Twitter: @LarryLage: U-M Regents approved 1.8 million project to add permanent lights @ the Big House
I didn't see this mentioned yet, but if it was brought up in one of the other Denard threads, I apologize.
I saw a promo for College Gameday this week that showed pieces of an interview that Erin Andrews did with Denard.
So it looks like I will actually have a reason to watch Gameday for the first time this season. I believe it starts at 9am ET on ESPNU and moves to ESPN at 10. I am assuming the interview would not be shown until after it switches over, but who knows.
So ND plays MSU in East Lansing on saturday night and I don't thnk I've ever had such a hard time figuring out who to root for. We play both teams, so head-to-head is a wash. Thought process, in bullet form:
Pros of Rooting for MSU:
- Big Ten Pride.
- Gives us the opportunity to ruin their undefeated season.
- ND loses two in a row, on national television, has legit chance to start the year 1-4. HAHA ND we hate you.
Pros of rooting for ND:
- They have a better shot than MSU at finishing the year with a good record/national ranking, which would help us in the long run.
- Would give us an extra boost of confidence to see a team we just beat go on the road and win.
- MSU loses at home on national television. HAHA MSU we hate you.
Thoughts? I'm leaning towards rooting against MSU, just because I hate Dantonio.
I'd love to see M break out the triple option this year with Hopkins as the dive back and Fitz as the pitch back. Do you think it is in the playbook already, yet to be installed in the arsenal, or never gonna happen? If it is in the arsenal this year, when could we/I expect to see it??